R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

2008 R350 middle seat folding problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 R 350
2008 R350 middle seat folding problem?

We have the middle seat in the second row that moves forward & backwards, but I can't fold the seat back down! It seems stuck or locked. Anyone ever experience this? HELP!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM

R350 | X1 | Cayenne
Originally Posted by jgale16
We have the middle seat in the second row that moves forward & backwards, but I can't fold the seat back down! It seems stuck or locked. Anyone ever experience this? HELP!!!
There should be a strap behind the headrest of the middle seat that sticks out from a hole/slot. Pull it and it should unlock the backrest and the seat will fold forward. If you don't see the strap, it must have gotten stuck inside. My kids kept on pushing that thing inside and it's always a pain to take it out.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 AM

2008 R 350
Originally Posted by BallJack
There should be a strap behind the headrest of the middle seat that sticks out from a hole/slot. Pull it and it should unlock the backrest and the seat will fold forward. If you don't see the strap, it must have gotten stuck inside. My kids kept on pushing that thing inside and it's always a pain to take it out.
That was it! Thanks so much.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:38 AM

R350 | X1 | Cayenne
No problem.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 PM

r350
HOW?!?!?!

Originally Posted by BallJack
How in the world did you get it out?!?! My kids mischievously pushed it into the slot earlier while in the 3rd row!!!! I tried a wire hanger but I don't feel the strap at all! Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
Originally Posted by kvufamily
How in the world did you get it out?!?! My kids mischievously pushed it into the slot earlier while in the 3rd row!!!! I tried a wire hanger but I don't feel the strap at all! Any suggestions?
Wire hanger, flashlight.

Bend the wire hanger to a 90 degree angle with only 1" sticking out.
You are going to have to fish it out.

From what I can tell this happens a lot when the bottom strap gets pull but isnt in the strap holder (another piece of nylon strap that keeps it in one place). The strap is a long piece that runs from the bottom to the top.

Annoying as hell when it gets pulled into the hole. Once you get it out it wouldnt be a bad idea to rig it in such a way so the top strap doesnt go back in again. That may involve running a classy looking piece of steel/plastic through the strap so it cant pass through the hole.

Good luck
Old 08-07-2014, 03:07 PM

R350 | X1 | Cayenne
Worst case, you probably need to remove the plastic trim surrounding the hole where the strap comes out. Taking that trim out should get you more room to fish out the strap. I'm not sure how easy it is to put pack the plastic trim as I haven't done that. Good luck.