R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Nagging issue - Need assistance - seatbelt retract & rear seat headrests!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
Nagging issue - Need assistance - seatbelt retract & rear seat headrests!

hello,

I have a 2008 R350 2wd model fairly optioned out with the navigation, etc. It's been a great crossover for us and we've been pretty trouble free with it (for the most part)...

I have a a little time on my hand, though, so I thought I would try and tackle a couple issues that I'm hoping this forum can assist on.

1 - Seat Belt Retract (or lack thereof). The effected seat is the middle 2nd row (for those with the 7 seat option). For whatever reason, the seatbelt retracts most of the way back but not the last third. Meaning, there's still a good amount of belt that just won't retract in. I can manually ease some of it back, but is there a way to fix this problem. Would going into the mechanism and cleaning/greasing solve the problem?

2 - Headrests Broken - In the second middle row, I have 2 headrests that are broken. By broken, I mean that the feature to tilt the headrest forward has snapped (plastic), so now the headrests sort of dangle on the two chrome/steel posts. They sit fine and appear to still function as headrests should, but now they are loose and wobble a bit. I will admit that I broke both headrests because I did not pull them out when I laid the middle row flat (duh, guess you're supposed to do that). Is there anyone out there that this has happened to and if so, how did you solve it? Short of just using the middle row without headrests or buying them new/used, what other options do you guys suggest?

Thanks for any help on this matter, in advance!
Old 01-25-2016, 04:38 PM
GLO

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W205 C250BT & R320cdi-L V251 (sold c220 cdi Elegance)
Originally Posted by aa240sx

2 - Headrests Broken - In the second middle row, I have 2 headrests that are broken. By broken, I mean that the feature to tilt the headrest forward has snapped (plastic), so now the headrests sort of dangle on the two chrome/steel posts. They sit fine and appear to still function as headrests should. Is there anyone out there that this has happened to and if so, how did you solve it? Short of just using the middle row without headrests or buying them new/used, what other options do you guys suggest?

Thanks for any help on this matter, in advance!
This has happened to our my09 and I also am looking for a fix.

Did you end up finding a solution?

I'm not keen on replacing if it will only happen again.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
Sorry no solution - I should also add more interior bits have started to crumble on this SUV/Crossover. It's like MB decided, 'hey guys in alabama, use whatever cheap *** plastic you can find! Besides the benzes made at your factory aren't real benzes anyway!'

So I digress. Now, the interior vent plastic trim have gone bad. Also, the plastic vent trim that's in the center console for the rear passengers has also fallen apart.

crazy...
Old 01-25-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 R350
Wow.... ours is a 2006 and not had that many issues... even with three little kids climbing in and out of it...

3rd row trim on the seat belt opening came loose...

Front console storage bin hinge stopped closing...

That is it.

Haven't been able to stop the chalking appearance on some of the leather bits and the clear pealing on the steering wheel controls... but I nit pick...

Also, I don't take care of her car like I do mine... that is up to her and well.......