R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Panoramic Sunroof

Old 08-25-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 GL320
Panoramic Sunroof

So I just got an 07 R320 and one of the minor (cost saving) issues on it is the panoramic sunroof. It sounds like it's grinding and I have heard that it might be the motor mount points.

Has anyone with DAS been able to find the sunroof system? Or command the shades closed? Any tips on getting to the motor? I am guessing I need to pull the dome light assembly.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2014, 04:37 PM

2008 GL320
Anyone?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:36 AM

2008 GL320
So it seems that the Panoramic sunroof is powered by 2 motors and another one somewhere for the sun shades. I found a motor right under the dome light and another one (you can see and remove 1 screw from it) under the headliner on the drivers side.

I am not sure if the cables are off a little bit or what. I would really like to pull both of them and push it straight back to align the cables.

Has anyone else run into Panoramic sunroof problems?
Old 10-01-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 R350 BT
I had a problem with my Pano roof where it sounded like it was grinding and was opening/closing very slowly. The gears (for the motor above the light/control panel) were replaced (I believe they're plastic). I suspect that my roof was (or still is) slightly out of alignment because the gaps between the roof panel and the outside trim panels is no longer equal (larger gap on drivers side). Roof is operating well though. This was about a year ago and was covered under warranty. They had to partially remove the roof liner for part of the repair.

I have the extended warranty so will make sure it's checked out again before the warranty expires.

I recently bought some 3M silicone grease which I will use to lubricate some of the rubber on the pano roof as well as my door seals.