R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Front speed sensor harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 R350 BlueTEC
Front speed sensor harness

Anybody knows how to disconnect a harness which links front speed sensor cables to the rest of the system? I might need to open it to fix cracked cable.

Right:

Left:

My car has failed a number of times with ESP/ABS failure message. It get sudden rough brake in acceleration but steering and brakes work. Turning engine off/on does not help. BUT, leaving the engine off for 15-min+ seem to help. The car then starts and goes all OK but Ccheck Engine Light lights up. Eventually the light goes off after day or two.

First time it failed like this, it was towed to dealership, replaced right front bearing, sensor cable and run fine after that for a couple months. Then failed again. I suspect, dealer will charge me big $$$ this time, so started to look around what could it be. Found these cables, if they are not the cause, they will eventually fail anyway, so need to fix them.

Eventually, anybody knows why there are two cables on the right side and only one on the left? The right side was the one MB was working on.

Last edited by Yu Chem; 10-20-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 R350, 2012 Azera
Each front wheel has a speed sensor/cable . The other cable is the brake pad wear indicator cable. If my memory is correct only 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel have the wear indicators.