Retrofit 2nd row centre console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 & R350
Retrofit 2nd row centre console

Hi, forum!

I've obtained a centre console for the second row. I've just about only opened the package it came in and spent like 5 seconds looking between the seats in the back so, really, I haven't looked at it myself yet. I could not see any obvious points where to attach/screw it in (4 points). Also, I'm assuming that the current armrests on the seats must be removed.

So, if anybody knows how to install this piece I would be happy with some advice.

When I was looking for a R, one car I looked at, the owner said that she sometimes removed the console to get some more space when packing things.

BTW, the car is a '06 R350 with sports package, 6 seats and alcantara.

TIA!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:34 PM

R350 & R350
Bump... anybody?

I've looked at the centre console and also saw that there are connectors for the light inside the compartment of it.

I only have a "empty" carpet between my seats with no attachment points for a base of some kind.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 GL320
Originally Posted by Kingpin!
Bump... anybody?

I've looked at the centre console and also saw that there are connectors for the light inside the compartment of it.

I only have a "empty" carpet between my seats with no attachment points for a base of some kind.
There is a guide somewhere on here. You have to take the armrests off and look under the carpet for the bolt holes. I would love to do the same but I can't find a black one anywhere.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:24 PM

R-500 2006
Hi,

In my car, the center console is connected to the podium, under which there is a DVD-player and rear AUX connectors. And one can attach and detach the console by simple lock-in and lock-out procedure.

If needed, I can make some photos and post them here.

BR