R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Problems with Comand System after Water spill in Rear right passenger side

Old 02-10-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R 350
Problems with Comand System after Water spill in Rear right passenger side

I need some advice, My '07 R350 got wet in the right rear passenger side. The day after a number of problems arose from the Comand center.
First, It booted up as usual, When selecting the 'Sat ' button, it displayed it was acquiring the satellite radio, with no luck, Message like No Radio found
Second, CD and Radio showed the relevant information, but no sound was heard.
Third, Tested the Aux port with phone, still no sound. HK Amp
Fourth, Message that telephone was not available. Bluetooth dongle in console did not look like it had power.

I checked the relevant fuses only # 23 was blown, changed it, no change in problem

Does anybody have any clues? Is there a common link, i.e control box damage etc
Old 02-14-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'18 E63S wagon, R63
Originally Posted by stevedvsinc
I need some advice, My '07 R350 got wet in the right rear passenger side. The day after a number of problems arose from the Comand center.
First, It booted up as usual, When selecting the 'Sat ' button, it displayed it was acquiring the satellite radio, with no luck, Message like No Radio found
Second, CD and Radio showed the relevant information, but no sound was heard.
Third, Tested the Aux port with phone, still no sound. HK Amp
Fourth, Message that telephone was not available. Bluetooth dongle in console did not look like it had power.

I checked the relevant fuses only # 23 was blown, changed it, no change in problem

Does anybody have any clues? Is there a common link, i.e control box damage etc
Make sure you dry out all water.
Apparently there are a few spots in the belly of the car where they have the electronics. If you search on line you can probably find a pictorial. Right after I bought my '07 in '08 I lost a portion of my electronics because water had apparently infiltrated from the outside through a poorly sealed grommet. The water puddled and rendered the whole circuit board useless, luckily the car was still under warranty and I had a $4k problem taken care of.
Good luck.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e430 4matic
I just finished going through this process with my wife's R500. We ended up filing an insurance claim for about $5K. They replaced a number of electrical modules, plus the CD changer, sat radio, and fan blower. Mercedes should really do a recall and FIX the problem, not continue to make money on the problem.

Paul