R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

r500 won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
r500 won't start

A couple of days ago I drove the car and stop by the gas station. I try to start the car, it would start but it boggs down and die for a couple of second. It kept on doing it until it didnt want to start at all. So I thoughy maybe its the crank positioning sensor that I replace with a new knock off brand from ebay that I replace 2 years ago. So I went and bought the new sensor from O'Reilly and replaced it and it still wouldn't start, so I towed the car to my house and check the fuses n hoses. When I tried to start it up, it started like nothing happened. So I drove it yesturday and I was afraid to shut off the car where ever I go, drove it back home turned off the car and started it up and it was fine. SO..... today I tried to start the car, it wouldnt even start. It crank but wont start. I think it might be the fuel pump ? Has anyone have this problem? My car is a 2006 r500 with over 118,000 miles on it.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
UPDATE:

I just purchase the CAMSHAFT Positioning Sensor not the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor, I installed it today and when I started the car up, it ran perfectly fine. I hope this solved the problem. I got the part for $35 bucks on ebay. So for those who have a similar problem that I was having, try checking both sensor. Camshaft Positioning Sensor and the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor.