HELP: Part number needed (air vent)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
HELP: Part number needed (air vent)

Hello,
I'm looking for the part number of the rear (center) air vent, in beige for 2006.
Does anyone know where I can order it other than MB ?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:11 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 R350
Trim parts like vents come from the manufacturer. This is true whether you drive a Honda or a Mercedes. Some body parts like lights and stuff may be made in the aftermarket, but only on the very popular stuff where there are a ton out on the road. So, the only alternative for a vent outside Mercedes is a junk yard.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:34 AM

R350
It's quite impossible that there is an aftermarket vent. The market is microscopic and no sane manufacturer would venture into doing that. That is not what I'm looking for.

I'm of course looking for the original part. Off internet if possible. Many dealers out there who clean and sell parts, mostly out of very young totally crashed vehicles. That's what I want.

Not going to the dealership for that. I'm in Canada. Even when our dollar was equal to the US dollar, Canadian stealerships sold MB parts at 30-40% over compared to US. Cause you know... retail awfully sucks in Canada.

Last edited by Rodinal; 06-14-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:15 AM

2006 R350
Here are parts places I have used. Contact them and they may ship to Canada as well.

If these don't work, there is always Google...

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/

http://mbonlineparts.com/splash/index.cfm?siteid=215843
Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Originally Posted by Rodinal
It's quite impossible that there is an aftermarket vent. The market is microscopic and no sane manufacturer would venture into doing that. That is not what I'm looking for.

I'm of course looking for the original part. Off internet if possible. Many dealers out there who clean and sell parts, mostly out of very young totally crashed vehicles. That's what I want.

Not going to the dealership for that. I'm in Canada. Even when our dollar was equal to the US dollar, Canadian stealerships sold MB parts at 30-40% over compared to US. Cause you know... retail awfully sucks in Canada.

Good luck with that!
I think there is only one banged up R class in a junkyard in all of Canada!
just google used auto parts Canada, the used parts industry is pretty well organized and you can look up parts online but they wont have such a tiny part listed individually. Sometimes its best to just call them up. I have purchased glass and other part used.
Engine parts are much easier to find as they often same as ML.

Last edited by efzauner; 06-15-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:54 AM

R350
Thanks,
All I need is the part number now.

What's both funny and ridiculous for the R-series is that almost no owner seems to use it They are all asking questions for home-made repairs for their wives.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:30 AM

2006 R350
Thanks,

What's both funny and ridiculous for the R-series is that almost no owner seems to use it They are all asking questions for home-made repairs for their wives.
The parts sites I gave you will allow you to locate the part number yourself.

And what is exactly wrong with me maintaining my wife's car?????
Old 06-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks,

For me, its the only car we own. I have a take home vehicle from work.
I bought the car, but my wife drives it m-f back and forth to work. After work and weekends we share it. I do all the maintenance on everything we own and use. My family believes in magic. Something brakes and poof, its fixed.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Originally Posted by Miyanc
For me, its the only car we own. I have a take home vehicle from work.
I bought the car, but my wife drives it m-f back and forth to work. After work and weekends we share it. I do all the maintenance on everything we own and use. My family believes in magic. Something brakes and poof, its fixed.

The R is mine.. I use it for work. I can load up tons of crap and drive down the 401 no matter what the weather... but sunshine is best!

I have the HK premium sound and I even installed a subwoofer. Its my mancave away from home!

I do all the repairs around the house too and magic happens here too!