R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

li05.10-p-056435, start up noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
li05.10-p-056435, start up noise?

I have been wondering if I am hearing things, but today I think its something. I have looked up some info and been having trouble decipher my vehicles issue. The info in the title leads me to a youtube video of what sounds the same as my vehicle.

I am hoping its nothing. I will get it checked if needed, but some of the info I read says normal, other say 4-7 thousand. I havent seen it directly linked to the r350 or m272 as far as I can tell. I really dont know mb vehicle info very well. Not sure if all 350's are my 350 engine.

So should I panic?
Old 06-21-2015, 01:44 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2006 R350
How many miles on yours?

Any warning lights or codes?

Don't fall into the "these things are money hogs" panic trap....

Ours makes some noise at start up as well.... chalk it up to the super low viscosity oil it takes.... hasn't missed a beat yet...and her's does daily short trips that is actually pretty hard on a car.

Another example of noises that were getting the best of me... her's makes a clicking sound when you take off making a hard right. Oh No! Half Shafts!

It's done it the whole time we have had it. Never got worse, no play, no vibration, nothing.

If it gets worse or changes, I'll worry about it then....
Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by josworth
How many miles on yours?

Any warning lights or codes?

Don't fall into the "these things are money hogs" panic trap....

Ours makes some noise at start up as well.... chalk it up to the super low viscosity oil it takes.... hasn't missed a beat yet...and her's does daily short trips that is actually pretty hard on a car.

Another example of noises that were getting the best of me... her's makes a clicking sound when you take off making a hard right. Oh No! Half Shafts!

It's done it the whole time we have had it. Never got worse, no play, no vibration, nothing.

If it gets worse or changes, I'll worry about it then....
100k, its not a knock and does not appear to getting worse in duration, loudness or effect any change. no lights or codes that I know of.

I am fighting to establish a baseline, so I can diagnose and understand future issues. I am ok with noises that can be explained and maybe worked on, but are normal for a vehicle with 100k or so. in just getting the vehicle money is tight and I need some time to build up so I can properly maintain. I am trying to get the detailed info on the servise history. I can see when it was taken in and it says services done but I want to establish histories for things like tranny, and other fluid flushes. It was serviced at a local mb dealership I may call in and talk to a sa about it. Get a feel for using them. we have another dealership in the area 2. maybe its time to get cosy with some mb sa's.