Old iPod integration kit delete?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S500
Old iPod integration kit delete?

Hi there,

Brand new here, but I've lurked for a while and finally had a question worth registering for. I recently inherited an '08 R350 as a first car to bring to college and beyond. Its been a family car all its life, and shows it, but it's mine and I'm grateful.

It has the optional iPod Integration Kit that was cutting-edge technology in 2008, but nowadays is obsolete, with the old Apple 30-pin connector that has slowly deteriorated over the years and now just doesn't work (Not to mention the whole family is fully Android now). To get to the point, I was wondering what it will take to adapt it into a plain ole' 1/4" audio jack. I know the AUX input on non-integration kitted cars was a 1/4" jack, so there must some way to convert it back, I just don't know how, and haven't found anything yet on how to do so.

Any help?
Old 06-25-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 Audi S4, 1982 Fiat Spyder, 2010 R350, 2013 E550 Cabriolet
I think the best idea would be to repair or replace the integration cable and then buy a Viseeo Tune2air Bluetooth adapter or something similar. You can then play anything from the phone to the radio wirelessly. And yes, it should work with an Android. Search messages here.

I just looked up and the Tune2air can connect to MOST Android devices, but track and title info will not display. I'd recommend just going to Ebay and buy a used iPod with a large drive and leave it hooked up most of the time in the glove box. You can also load most of your music to a SD card and plug that into the radio. That would probably work best for you unless you want to stream Pandora or Spotify. In that case, go with the Tune2air.

Last edited by gforaker; 06-25-2015 at 04:40 PM.