R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Rear Window Button Gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
Rear Window Button Gone

So I was at the car wash earlier and went to pick up my wife's car ('07 R350) all nice and clean. I drove it home and as I arrived, I noticed one of the plastic buttons for the passenger side rear window was gone from the driver's side door. Quite honestly, I don't know if it was already missing before the wash or not. I drove back to the car wash and had them check the vacuum trap and trash container and nothing. Also checked around where they dried it but nothing.

I did a little search and these are not sold separately. I would have to buy the entire switch ($140 or so) if I want to be whole again. Anyone replace this switch out and have a button laying around??? Please let me know.

Joe

Last edited by MBZ12; 07-02-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
BTW...it's the bottom right.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
R350
Mine popped off too, the exact same switch. I was lucky to find mine under the driver's seat, however, the backside of the switch had a really flimsy clip that already broke off, so I can only "place" the switch back into the slot, if I pull it or push it down any harder it would pop off again.

I owned a 25 year old Camry, every switch was working perfectly as new when I sold it. You would think a Mercedes should have better build quality. Nope.

I own a '08, overall, I like how the car drives, I like the space, however, all these little problems are driving me away from buying another Mercedes as my next car choice.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xclream
Mine popped off too, the exact same switch. I was lucky to find mine under the driver's seat, however, the backside of the switch had a really flimsy clip that already broke off, so I can only "place" the switch back into the slot, if I pull it or push it down any harder it would pop off again.

I owned a 25 year old Camry, every switch was working perfectly as new when I sold it. You would think a Mercedes should have better build quality. Nope.

I own a '08, overall, I like how the car drives, I like the space, however, all these little problems are driving me away from buying another Mercedes as my next car choice.
I am still new to being an owner. Just got back from the first family road trip. From charlotte to myrtle beach. I love the car. Maybe its just my first true luxury car but I am in love. It is smooth and comfortable. I only wish it was the r500, even though I feel its got what it needs to get up and go. I am sure more would be better. In theory its a heavy car and the v8 should hold up better because its more powerful, but i am not sure if thats how the numbern pan out. Having the memory seats would be nice too. I can see a few cosmetic issues with my r350 and I am hoping it runs for another 100k without much work other then maintenance.

I test drove a volvo 2010 xc90, 2006 x5 4.4, looked at a tourag, mdx and many others. The volvo was ok to drive but the build quality was terrible. Everything felt like the cheapest plastic. The hyundai I looked at felt the same. I actually liked the x5. My wife drove a 2008 x5 3.0 and felt the built was bad. Parts broken. The tourag I saw was badly beated so I am not sure I can blame it, but I have seen many with worn buttons. Like they were black but now there is no black and no idea what the button was. The only one I didnt see was the audi q7 oh and the cayanne. I know I am not talking on all brands. If we could have found a mazda cx9 we would have bought one. Instead we found the r350 and like I said I am sold. My next vehicle may be a 2012 or which ever newest year available, r500 or maybe diesel, with the memory, leather and rear dvd.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 Audi S4, 1982 Fiat Spyder, 2010 R350, 2013 E550 Cabriolet
Yes, a V8 would be nice, but forget buying a 2012 R500. The V8 option was dropped years ago, maybe 2007 or 2008. I may replace my 2010 R350 with another used one when I hit 200k miles, but would not go earlier than 2010 due to reliability problems in the older models.

My 2010 has the memory seats and rear DVD, but I'd leave off the rear entertainment today. Buying the kiddies a few iPods is cheaper and more flexible. The only real option I would love to have that I don't is ventilated seats. These big, heavy, black seats get really hot sitting in the hot sun and hold the heat for a long time. Even with a sun shield the mass of the seat heats way up. My back is sweaty for an hour.

Originally Posted by Miyanc
I am still new to being an owner. Just got back from the first family road trip. From charlotte to myrtle beach. I love the car. Maybe its just my first true luxury car but I am in love. It is smooth and comfortable. I only wish it was the r500, even though I feel its got what it needs to get up and go. I am sure more would be better. In theory its a heavy car and the v8 should hold up better because its more powerful, but i am not sure if thats how the numbern pan out. Having the memory seats would be nice too. I can see a few cosmetic issues with my r350 and I am hoping it runs for another 100k without much work other then maintenance.

I test drove a volvo 2010 xc90, 2006 x5 4.4, looked at a tourag, mdx and many others. The volvo was ok to drive but the build quality was terrible. Everything felt like the cheapest plastic. The hyundai I looked at felt the same. I actually liked the x5. My wife drove a 2008 x5 3.0 and felt the built was bad. Parts broken. The tourag I saw was badly beated so I am not sure I can blame it, but I have seen many with worn buttons. Like they were black but now there is no black and no idea what the button was. The only one I didnt see was the audi q7 oh and the cayanne. I know I am not talking on all brands. If we could have found a mazda cx9 we would have bought one. Instead we found the r350 and like I said I am sold. My next vehicle may be a 2012 or which ever newest year available, r500 or maybe diesel, with the memory, leather and rear dvd.