R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R500 start up problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
R500 start up problem

Hi, I have an 2006 R500, lately I've been running through this start up issue. First, I replaced the CPS twice, first time I replace it and the car ran pretty good for over a year. The second time I replaced it, the car ran for a couple of months (about 3 to 4 months). I thought this time when it didn't start up again, I went ahead and replaced it again and cleared the code. But it didn't start, so I pretty much turn the key to the ON position to see if I could here the fuel pump, NOTHING. I even open the gas filler cap to see if I could hear it while my wife turn the key on, and SILENT. I check the fuses and it was fine. But I can't seem to locate the fuel pump relay? not sure if the car have a fuel pump relay or it just have a main relay? I try swapping out the main relay from the engine compartment and still the same thing. Nothing. So my questions is, does the R500 have a fuel pump relay, if so where is it located? Do you guys think I have a fuel pump issue? Can I just change the fuel pump assembly and not the fuel filter assembly? I know its not recommended just to change out the fuel pump and not the fuel filter.