R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Interier clip/plug at the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interier clip/plug at the dealer?

I have now completely removed the 3rd row seats. My dog peed down in between the 2 seats. Its the fake leather and we didnt know. Well we found out after a bit and I have cleaned it all up. This required taking the seats out, and the back covers off. The carpeted back panel was attached with these little clips/plugs. There may be a better way to remove them other then prying them, but I was in the mood to mess with them and I dont have the tool you snake under the clip to remove so I just popped them. About half are broken. Maybe less.

000-990-57-92 this is the part number I think and I can buy them on ebay and every amazon, but many of them are sold from china. I need them by next friday at the latest.

I think I will go to the dealer tomorrow and see about buying them. I also need to get the power steering fluid. I will also try and get the full service print out and an offical price on the encapsulation panel.

Anything else I may want to get or inquire about? Any other fluids?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Hello
Forum members are more than happy to help but please provide more detailed information. Perhaps put your model year in your signature or member info.
Pictures of clips and parts is also helpful or links to parts websites where you found your info.
For example I cannot find said clip here:
http://www.mbpartsworld.com/showAsse...driveLine=9983

so often with these small parts your best bet is to go directly to the dealer

as for other parts, you may want to find a local parts recycler, especially for larger items such as seats! most collisions are front so rear seats, particularly black, should be easier to find.

Fluids are readily available at other auto parts stores if you know what you are looking for. MB is very specific on what fluids are recommended, but once you know what to look for it is safe. For example, yesterday I picked up Prestone European Power steering fluid at Canadian Tire. Meets Pentosin CHF 11S for my 2005 C240

For your RClass, try this document. I use the recommended ATF for steering
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Benz Approved fluids.pdf (151.0 KB, 125 views)
Old 09-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by efzauner
Hello
Forum members are more than happy to help but please provide more detailed information. Perhaps put your model year in your signature or member info.
Pictures of clips and parts is also helpful or links to parts websites where you found your info.
For example I cannot find said clip here:
http://www.mbpartsworld.com/showAsse...driveLine=9983

so often with these small parts your best bet is to go directly to the dealer

as for other parts, you may want to find a local parts recycler, especially for larger items such as seats! most collisions are front so rear seats, particularly black, should be easier to find.

Fluids are readily available at other auto parts stores if you know what you are looking for. MB is very specific on what fluids are recommended, but once you know what to look for it is safe. For example, yesterday I picked up Prestone European Power steering fluid at Canadian Tire. Meets Pentosin CHF 11S for my 2005 C240

For your RClass, try this document. I use the recommended ATF for steering
The reason you cant find it is because thats the 2nd row. I need the 3rd row. I apologize for not including the year but I thought it was in my profile info. Like it is now.

I will take the clip in to the dealer.

I will look the power steering fluid. I am sure I can find an acceptable replacement, I just thought if someone had one they trusted it would help. I may just wait and get the whole liter and flush the current fluid.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Banned

11 clips in each back. 2 were minor chips on the flange and one was pretty bad. I put it back in a spot in between 2 good clips and it holds pretty good. So I decided to just put it all back.

I have one 3rd row seat fully re-installed. The cushion on the other is still a little damp so it will wait.

I will research fluids tonight and purchase appropriate tomorrow.