R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

06 R 350 Cranks, Will not Start

Old 05-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
06 R 350 Cranks, Will not Start

Hello, New to the Forum.

Have an 06 R 350. One day parked, and will crank, not start. Checked it out and found fuel pump was not working, but was getting power. Changed it. Week goes by, same problem. This time fuel pump relay was not getting power to fuel pump. Changed that, worked! 1 week later, same damn problem.

swapped in a new fuel pump, and even put in a new relay. If I use a special relay w/ an on/off switch to power the pump it will work and start the car no problems.

If I then reinstall the normal relay car works no issues.

I am beside myself.

Now, I could only think of one poss solution. The rear hatch, closed but has a slight looseness to it. Plus the interior lights, sometimes, and the door button light stay on. Unless I hit the over head switch to turn off the interior lights.

COULD it be possible the antitheft is causing this issue?

If not I am about to throw a match to this car.....WORSE car ever!! nothing but problems from day 1.

thanks to anyone who tries to help.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2002 C240 (W203) 2007 R500 (W251)
Going to ask how long you've had it and if you know it's service history ...
The only other thing i can think of is one of the computers or SAM's is acting up but i don't have the technical knowledge to point you to the one that controls the injection / pump ?
Best of luck !
Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Rear sam controls this, located right next to the rear fuse panel. Usually they get wet, took it out and its dry as can be. I've hooked up my Autel Elite pro and have gotten a few sam codes. Unforn I have no programming capabilities like I do with BMW w/ Benz. So I've called a guy I know who has the Benz Computer. See what he can tell me.