R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

My new used R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
My new used R

Recently purchased a 2011 R350. My wife loves it, the only problem is that it doesn't start all the time when we turn the key. Called the dealer where we purchased it from and said they would look at it... The only problem is that the dealer is 3 hrs. away. My sales rep suggested to bring my car to a local area and have it scanned. First, they key turns all the time, it turns into position 2 every time, sometimes it starts first turn most of the time not, also when turned into position 2 sometimes there are no dash lights. Garage that scanned it came up with: 9114 control module ocp is not sending any data. Thanks for the advice in advance.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BMW 340i xDrive 2018 MMPSK silver , Cadillac XT5 2018 silver, 09 R320 BT
Originally Posted by Dr.Doc33
Recently purchased a 2011 R350. My wife loves it, the only problem is that it doesn't start all the time when we turn the key. Called the dealer where we purchased it from and said they would look at it... The only problem is that the dealer is 3 hrs. away. My sales rep suggested to bring my car to a local area and have it scanned. First, they key turns all the time, it turns into position 2 every time, sometimes it starts first turn most of the time not, also when turned into position 2 sometimes there are no dash lights. Garage that scanned it came up with: 9114 control module ocp is not sending any data. Thanks for the advice in advance.
I had the same thing a few months ago. We would turn the key and it would say incompatible key and we couldn't turn over the engine. We'd remove the key from the ignition, try again, and it would start after several tries. Sometimes, it would work on the first try. My indie mechanic said it was the ignition module and that it was dealer only. So we took it to the stealership and had the module change for around $1000 CDN. I can't remember the exact amount but it wasn't pocket change. Hope this helps.

Cheers
The following users liked this post:
Dr.Doc33 (09-30-2016)