R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Potential Owner Seeing Info on R63 for Sale

Old 02-02-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 Wagon | C126 | S210
Potential Owner Seeing Info on R63 for Sale

Hey guys,

The wife needs a bigger vehicle to haul the kiddos and dogs around so why not a 4.5 second minivan?

Anyway, with this vehicle being so rare it seems you guys seem to know a little history on these things when they pop up. This one popped up a month ago and was gone before I could jump on it and now it's for sale again, but at a different dealer. Would anyone here happen to know anything about it? I'm not too super keen on the Alpine Rain but understand it's a fairly rare color, so I guess that's cool. I'd hop in the car and check it myself, but it's in NJ and I'm all the way down here in Atlanta.

TIA for any info!

-Geordie Johnston
Atlanta, GA
Old 02-04-2014, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Two other members looking at the R63 have asked me about that car. I don't know what it is but something is a little odd about that dealer. One member said they were giving him the run around...

The car itself is also a tad odd. The car is equipped with Premium III which has Keyless GO and Distronic, yet it lacks a Distronic grille. I'm thinking it may possibly have been involved in a front end collision and they replaced it with the cheaper and incorrect non Distornic grille.

Interior is a little beat up and not a huge fan of the aftermarket DVD screens.

If you're patient, you'll likely find a better one to hit the market, the only question is how long?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 Wagon | C126 | S210
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Two other members looking at the R63 have asked me about that car. I don't know what it is but something is a little odd about that dealer. One member said they were giving him the run around...

The car itself is also a tad odd. The car is equipped with Premium III which has Keyless GO and Distronic, yet it lacks a Distronic grille. I'm thinking it may possibly have been involved in a front end collision and they replaced it with the cheaper and incorrect non Distornic grille.

Interior is a little beat up and not a huge fan of the aftermarket DVD screens.

If you're patient, you'll likely find a better one to hit the market, the only question is how long?
Awesome, thanks for the response. And nice catch with the Distronic grille missing, that's why I asked! Luckily I'm not in a huge rush to get into one and can be patient, but who knows how many more will come in at my price range, sub $30k?

I may just ping the dealer today and see if he can shed any light on the car, especially why it disappeared for a few weeks.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please post back what you find.

There's been a few selling sub 30k the last few months but with high mileage (80k+).
Old 03-04-2014, 12:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
cars
As suspected by generic, the alpine rain R63 was involved in an accident, according to its carfax report. What's also strange is that carfax shows that it was registered to a CA owner in early dec after being sold at an auction on the east coast...it was then listed for sale on 12/21, and again on 2/3 of this year (that's probably the time period where it "disappeared" from for sale status), and the last record shows that the new CA title was issued on 2/5. It's very well possible that the parent company of the NJ dealership selling the car is located in CA, and they titled it there, or it might be on consignment. but if the dealership that's selling it isn't being forthright with any of that info, then i'd definitely be wary in general.

<---- i'm also looking for an R63... i missed out on the "semi-high mileage" bay area one from about a year ago (long story short, i had a very bad experience with the dealership that was selling it...and i so wish i caught it from the original owner before he traded it into them!). Since then i've had a new baby, and am back in the market for an R... my wife and i have been actively looking for an R320, but we're now leaning back to the R63. with the baby already here, our need is a bit more urgent for a vehicle with more space...too bad R63 availability is never predictable.

there is one for sale in ontario, canada, and i've seriously considered getting it and importing it. I've got a lot of experience exporting cars out of the US, but have never imported one, so part of me thinks it's not worth it. Now, if someone on here can say, "hey, i've imported a modern car from canada before, and it's a breeze; here's what you need to do..." then i might have to pull the trigger on that car!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R63
It's not listed anymore someone took the risk.
I wanted it, but could not make the trip from WA to get it.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 LSX-7, 330ci
Same here. I lived close enough and have friends in Canada. I was a little upset about missing that one.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good luck to all of you! Hope you find one that will be to your liking.

There's a black one for sale right now on cars.com http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=3

But it's from an individual seller with only two pictures (scam?).