R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Canadian R63 now home in California

Old 08-22-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R63
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Maybe we should do a group buy for the Wesitec supercharger? =D
You smile but yet you are serious.
I need a second R first.
Come to think about it I need my R here first.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
cars
Originally Posted by AMGoneday
Glad to hear this! How has the MPG been?

I would love to see a stage 3 Weistec on a R63.
You can go first!
If we were get a second R I would SC it, but a lot more would have to be done beside that.

Still waiting on my R, I went with DAS shipping! DO NOT USE!
I should have used Angels (forum sponsor) My R is now somewhere in IL.
Eta of 09/02 only a eta and they will not guarantee anything.

Back on topic glad you love the R!
Oh man that stinks! Hmmm is your car stuck at a terminal somewhere, waiting for another truck to take it to you? If so, do you have the option of cancelling the remaining transport, and getting reimbursed for it? If that is an option that is available to you, I could refer you to my usual car transporter that I've been using for the past few years. They have NEVER let me down, and usually go way above and beyond. I couldn't use them for my R63, since they don't do international moves and dealing with customs...and of course, I ended up having to wait an additional month.

As Nathan said, mpg averaged right about the 17mpg range for the majority of the fwy parts of the trip. That's with 90% cruising, and 10% high-speed passing jaunts every so often. I did peg it at 18.0mpg at one point, and took a pic to commemorate that rare/brief occassion. The current tires are slightly oversized (they're 275/45 20s), so maybe my real world numbers are also a few % better than what the trip computer says...!

Hmmmmm shoot I decided to check out weistec's page again... and was pleasantly surprised. I don't know why I kept thinking that their sc kits were over 20K. At $13K for stages 1 and 2, and $16K for stage 3 it's not THAT bad. Now I'm wondering if there's any info online about that mysterious supercharged R63.... we need pics and vids!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
After my years of searching I've never seen the illusive supercharged R63. I've only heard reference of it from Weistec before when inquiring if it'd fit or not.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:46 PM

R63
Originally Posted by vanable
Oh man that stinks! Hmmm is your car stuck at a terminal somewhere, waiting for another truck to take it to you? If so, do you have the option of cancelling the remaining transport, and getting reimbursed for it? If that is an option that is available to you, I could refer you to my usual car transporter that I've been using for the past few years. They have NEVER let me down, and usually go way above and beyond. I couldn't use them for my R63, since they don't do international moves and dealing with customs...and of course, I ended up having to wait an additional month.

As Nathan said, mpg averaged right about the 17mpg range for the majority of the fwy parts of the trip. That's with 90% cruising, and 10% high-speed passing jaunts every so often. I did peg it at 18.0mpg at one point, and took a pic to commemorate that rare/brief occassion. The current tires are slightly oversized (they're 275/45 20s), so maybe my real world numbers are also a few % better than what the trip computer says...!

Hmmmmm shoot I decided to check out weistec's page again... and was pleasantly surprised. I don't know why I kept thinking that their sc kits were over 20K. At $13K for stages 1 and 2, and $16K for stage 3 it's not THAT bad. Now I'm wondering if there's any info online about that mysterious supercharged R63.... we need pics and vids!
Yes it is stuck in IL somewhere waiting for a company truck to pick it up. I asked about canceling the shipment. I would have only been refunded 700 or so. We would lose 1000,
they would charge me a fee for canceling and charge me since they shipped it from Ohio to IL. I would have to get it out of the yard in 24 hours or be charged 25 a day.
sorry So as my handle states AMG one day....

17 MPG is not bad! I would love to know more about that SC R also.

Last edited by AMGoneday; 09-06-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:59 PM

R63
Van did you get shaken by the earthquake?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:43 AM

cars
whoops it's been quite a few days... any luck on the R63 front? my fingers are crossed that you got it already..?!?

i did some googling for the SCed R63, and saw a post where weistec mentioned that they shipped the kit to a person in europe. So there goes any possibility of ever finding any further info or pics about it. now we'll just have to wait till nathan gets his kit to get our fix!

oh btw, the earthquake was quite intense. It seemed to last a minute, but of course it was only a fraction of that. it did wake up and scare my son a bit, so he is now officially indoctrinated to the cali way of life. We're all still waiting for the inevitable BIG one!

So i finally had some time to unbox one of the wheels I had in storage and decided to see how it'd look against the car. attached is a quicky pic (sans center cover). I'm getting some tires next week, and will see how far off the fitment is on the car. i still need to figure out which one of my friends has my fender roller, and I haven't even tried lowering the car yet! I'm a firm believer in lowering before wheels, so maybe I can still stick to that order
Attached Thumbnails Canadian R63 now home in California-img_2476.jpg  
Old 09-05-2014, 04:35 PM

cars
I was pleasantly surprised by how much stuff I could tetris into the R the other day... I had to take a pic since I probably won't ever do that again. The cell phone shots aren't the greatest, but what you see there are 8 bare wheels and 4 tires, with a little room to spare. so one could potentially add parts hauler to the R's list of functions!

also decided to see how one of the wheels would look on the car with a tire now mounted. The big question is, how much will they stick out when installed, though?
Attached Thumbnails Canadian R63 now home in California-loaded.jpg   Canadian R63 now home in California-img_2491.jpg  
Old 09-06-2014, 10:40 PM

R63
Wow packed in!
What is off set?
Just got my R yesterday (09/05)
Old 09-11-2014, 06:45 AM

cars
Wow packed in!
What is off set?
Just got my R yesterday (09/05)
The wheels are 20x9.5", +25mm offset all around. The rears might end up nice and extremely flush with the fenders, but the fronts are most likely to be, as Nathan mentioned, a bit too aggressive

Glad to hear you got your car! i'm sure you'll find that there's nothing like it out there... we love the fact that it's essentially got the space of a minivan/large suv, yet drives nothing like either of those.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Very nice pick up! Congrats and enjoy the ride!
Old 09-16-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Van! Great pics! I am so very jealous considering I was the one that posted the for sale link here for you to find!
As for the Harman Kardon, I have that also and find it very very good. You have the center speaker and I hope you have it in Logic 7 mode. You have the small subwoofer in back. I added a larger sub and it really is much better. I have a huge setup in my C240 and frankly I enjoy the HK in the R almost as much.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:22 PM

R63
How you and the family doing?
Anything new with the R?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:06 AM

cars
How you and the family doing?
Anything new with the R?
Oh man... I've just been super busy trying to wrap up a lot of things before going on vacation this coming weekend. I actually was going to just sit down and catch up on mbworld sometime during then, but I've got a few mins now.... the R has been holding up well. I haven't had time to do anything to it other than use it pretty much as a DD now... though I'm hoping to finally get to working on it a bit after we're back from vacation. How's your R been treating you and your fam?

efz: How did you go about running the larger sub in your R? What amp and sub are you using? I do think the stock HK system could use just a bit more oomph, and really like genericsn's dual 6.5" setup. In Logic 7 mode I feel like the front stage gets a bit too "compressed" and narrowed down...perhaps a bit too much emphasis on the center channel?
Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Originally Posted by vanable

efz: How did you go about running the larger sub in your R? What amp and sub are you using? I do think the stock HK system could use just a bit more oomph, and really like genericsn's dual 6.5" setup. In Logic 7 mode I feel like the front stage gets a bit too "compressed" and narrowed down...perhaps a bit too much emphasis on the center channel?

Glad you are having a great time with the R63.. I am still kicking myself for not buying it. .Seems you got an amazing price!

I love the Logic 7 Mode... Maybe it depends on the source material.

As for the sub I used an Alpine Type R 10 inch sub but any good quality sub would be fine with a 2-300 watt amp. I got both used. For signal source I used the high level signal directly from the sub cables in the rear. For power I connected to the large gauge wire feeding the entire fuse box in the rear. It is plenty loud. This is a quality installation and you wont need more than 10 to 20 amps with a good Class D amp. This is not a SPL install where you will pull full amp power.
the amp is wedged on top of the spare tyre.. not a fancy install. The sub is in a simple black carpet covered box you can buy at any car electronics shop or your favorite discount electronics parts store. I was thinking of making a custom fibreglass box built into the space on the left rear side but... time time time.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R63, MDX
also decided to see how one of the wheels would look on the car with a tire now mounted. The big question is, how much will they stick out when installed, though?
Wow! Those look great on the R63... those are the first wheels, I think, that really compliment the car and would be worth getting. Too bad they don't make them anymore
Old 12-07-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, 450SL, 500SEL
While not a new MBZ owner, I am a new member to this forum....Looking forward to finding one of these R63 "unicorns!"
Old 12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
DHH

Panamera Turbo, R63, "71 280SL
Here is the European AMG catalog that has r-items in it. This is where I got my lighted AMG door sills and my AMG floor mats . Just give the part number to your local dealer and they can order anything out of the catalog. Part #2 has the R-class in it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...ries-part1.pdf

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...amg-part-2.pdf

Last edited by DHH; 12-07-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:38 PM

R63
Originally Posted by ducati168
While not a new MBZ owner, I am a new member to this forum....Looking forward to finding one of these R63 "unicorns!"

Originally Posted by DHH
Here is the European AMG catalog that has r-items in it. This is where I got my lighted AMG door sills and my AMG floor mats . Just give the part number to your local dealer and they can order anything out of the catalog. Part #2 has the R-class in it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...ries-part1.pdf

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...amg-part-2.pdf
Thank you!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Pji

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R63
Anyone looking for a r63, 70k miles

Deciding whether to keep, trade in, or sell. Silver/black r63, great condition still under ext warranty