R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Just imported a Canadian R63!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 BMW 1M, 2006 Toyota Tacoma
Just imported a Canadian R63!

Hi guys and gals,

I wanted to introduce myself. I just imported a Canadian R63! After getting a couple PPI's, finding a company to represent me in Canada to perform the transaction/import/transport the vehicle, I finally got my R63 about two weeks ago.

It has just over 60,000 miles and need a little tlc. I am the third owner. It appears the original owner bought it for his wife and they treated it like a soccer-mom car. The interior has held up very well. I am planning on getting the front bumper and one of the doors re-sprayed because the clear coat is coming off. The first thing I did was take it to my friend, who is a certified AMG master tech, and have him go over the car. We changed all the major fluids and I have been enjoying driving it for the past week.

One of the first upgrades I am looking to do is the Command system. My wife wants a more up to date 3D style navigation. I posted on the W251 page what I am looking to do. If anyone has some input on this please post!

https://mbworld.org/forums/r-class-w...nt-system.html

I will post up some photos soon!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R63
Welcome! It's pretty slow around here. I thought back up cams where standard?
I would go with a oem set up.
My wife hates the nav and screen but not many options to up grade that look right.
Post some pics and congratulations!
Are you in Wa?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Where are you located?

Not much can be done about the OEM headunit unless you upgrade to the NTG2.5 (not really worth the cost) from the facelifted R-Class or you go aftermarket (but then it won't look fully integrated in with the dash.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 BMW 1M, 2006 Toyota Tacoma
Hey guys,

I am located in Charlotte, NC. Thank you for the welcome. I have been trolling around here since October looking for an R63. The reason mine does not have the backup camera is because it is a Canadian production and MB Canada had a lot more add-on options than the US version which basically fully loaded. Other than the backup camera, mine is very well optioned.

As for the upgraded head unit. My wife has basically said she doesn't want the car if we don't have a better nav system.

I have been searching and found two companies that say they have direct plug-in play systems. iCarTech from Germany and Seicane from China.

iCarTech has a 30 day money back guaranty and a 3 year warranty on their system, but it does not look as factory as the Seicane unit.

Seicane has a head unit that looks completely factory, but they have no money back guaranty and their warranty is for 1 year only.

I am going to with the iCarTech S730 unit because of their money back guaranty and it has the most advanced technology (dual core processor, built in hard drive, etc.). If my wife and I don't like the system I will be out the labor cost of the installation and remove. I have a feeling we will be happier with this system than the current system. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Attached is my option list my R63 came with. The color, Cubanite silver, I think is a pretty rare color and looks great on the car! So fare, I am really enjoying the car. Once I get the head unit replaced we'll see how the wife likes it. Keep your fingers crossed....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Option List.pdf (82.2 KB, 352 views)
Old 03-03-2015, 10:44 PM
DHH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Panamera Turbo, R63, "71 280SL
I also would love to replace my head unit - let us know how that comes out.

I have had mine two years and love it for the kids.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Let us know how it goes with the install and review of the product itself!