S/CL-Class (W140) Coupe 1994-1999: S500 Coupe, S600 Coupe, CL500 Coupe, CL600 Coupe

CL600 issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl 600
Angry CL600 issue

Hi all,

I'm a new member here, so hello to all and thanks for having me.

I actually own two Benz's. My wife drives a 2011 E350 and I just bought a 2001 CL600 for my mid life car.

The car had 1 owner, and is in mint condition with 71,000 what looks like easy miles on it. It's looks like new in and out. It drives great as well. I have all of the service info from Benz on the car. It was well taken care of its whole life except there are no records for past two years. I can only assume it was a little neglected so I did the following services done by MB. Brake flush, oil change, brakes and rotors, all of the filters gas,oil, cabin filters etc., wiper blades and
Finally a flush on the hydraulic system. I would up doing the hydraulic fluid because of a noisey pump, but more importantly the fluid was overly dark.
Everything went well and the car and hydraulic pump and system worked flawlessly during the Rodeo tests. The pump showed to be strong and the system has no leaks.

This is all well and good but now I can hear the shocks make noise . Like a creaking sound. It also does it when I change the height. Has I anyone ever heard of this, and what corrects it. My dealer can't locate the problem.

I hope I can get some help.

Thanks
John
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Welcome!

Try heading over to this section of the forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215-6/ You have a W215 not W140. You might also do some reading on the W220 section. They share the same suspension as your car does. Nice to see somebody else that appreciates the V12s. They are wonderful cars when everything is working right. I do hope it treats you well.

Enjoy!
Ricky
Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl 600
@MB

Thanks for the info. I'll repost in the other thread. Thanks again