S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

BRAND NEW PENTA/AMG/COMPOMOTIVE WHEELS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55
BRAND NEW PENTA/AMG/COMPOMOTIVE WHEELS

as some of you know there was quite a few incarnations of this wheel back in the 80's, the most famous being AMG and Penta, most of you would know of a company called Compomotive and some will know they did a version called the MS-1680, same as the penta fitment 8x16 ET11 and obviously 5x112. I am currently in talks with Compomotive and trying to convince / commission them to build these again due to the lack of good ones out there, downside is i have to buy at least 60 sets, but they say if feesable then they will manufacture the correct tooling to make a staggered set with 9x16 ET11 rears.

This thread is basically just a feeler to see what interest i can get on this forum from the USA, i appreciate there are plenty of forums geared at the US market of these classic cars and will in turn post this same thread on their as well, as well as all other markets world wide.

I am just waiting for them to get back to me regarding costings, but aim to be able to supply a non staggered set including delivery to the US for about $900-$1100 and for the staggered set about $150-$250 more, the centres will be either a silver or anthracite with a polished dish.

Here is the exact wheel they produced back in the 80's and will look exactly the same again.

Who would have thought there was a chance you could buy a brand new set of this classic wheel made by one of the oldest and highly reputable classic wheel manufacturers in the UK

I look forward to your thoughts guys

Old 02-26-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 Volkswagen
Amg penta

Do u still have that staggered set and how much would u sell them to me for I'm in the U.S. but I've seen a couple Volkswagen with them so would they fit