S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Finally did Bluetooth, Voice Recog, & Sat Radio. S500 '05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 4matic
Finally did Bluetooth, Voice Recog, & Sat Radio. S500 '05

Hi all, after alot of research, info from the posts and my own trepidation.
I finally decided to install Sat SIRIUS Radio, Voice Recognition & Bluetooth.

Visited MB of Manhattan got a Quote for SAT Radio & Bluetooth of $3800.00 without labor. WHAT??????

so, then decided to go Benzel Bush in NJ, same equipment, quoted $5800.00 Again, WHAT???????????

Anyway, while reading a previous post that mentioned MB Doctor. I Called them up, told them my request and made an appt for them to see my S500.
After 5 min of inspecting my car, the guy told me its doable and I gave my permission.

Out came the SIRIUS SAT Receiver with all harnesses & fiber optic cables, Bluetooth puck MBU2000, used in Porsche & MB in Europe. He even threw in the Voice recognition for free, because i was all up in the installation asking questions, making jokes but keeping a watchful eye. (The drilling of my trunk was a bit hard to take) But, it had to be done.

In 2hrs, i was calling SIRIUS, giving them the ESN for the receiver, 2 min later im up and running with SAT radio, Bluetooth & voice recog using the small lever above the sterring wheel, which my car didnt come with.

A totally enjoyable experience!! And a cost of $2000.00

WHAT ARE THOSE DEALERS TYRING TO DO???????????????? DUH, MAKE MONEY!!!!

OH,

If anyone in the forum is interested in getting it done, I will def recommended this guy to you.
He used to work at MB Manhattan for 12yrs before making his transition to entrepenurship.

PS he also gave me a tip. inside the hood, to the top on the passenger side, there's a black grill. Inside that grill there's a drain hole. He said ALWAYS make sure that hole is free from debris and dirt.
If not, there's a possibility if heavy rainfall occurs, it can cause flooding to take place inside the car reaching as far as where the Nav system is in trunk. Causing MAJOR headaches!!
He's seen it several times.

Thanks for reading
Old 06-01-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 4matic
I will be posting pics of the car & everything that was done in a few