S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

COMAND 2.5 CASSETTE AUX IN MOD BY CARTRONICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
I guess a basic assumption is your ohm'd the cable with a meter between the grounds and the wire colors to determine which colors to use for ground, and which for L & R?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S500 w220
My dad used a meter and determined that the lef and right had different colored grounds that we wraped together and soldered. Seems correct? One ground on each side and a single left and single right that were soldered separate.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
yeah try a simple cable, it has to be connection thats the culprit..
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM

Mercedes S500 w220
So I've been a little busy so i haven't gotten around to getting the other cable but i did call monster today and asked what each colored wire does. Her response was Red is +, Blue is -, Brown is the AUX and Green is the Ground. I just wanted to know if this wire might still work if i could place the wires where they should be. Basically i had the ground and aux together so where does the aux really belong? Thanks!!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cl500
Does anyone knows black part number next to motor power plug. It looks like amp. I shorted something and it got killed.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:00 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by classyS
Greetings gang!!!

just wanna share some pictures and installation steps of a pretty nice mod discovered by CarTronics, original thread posted here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...ml#post4727535

its pretty straight forward, only thing different after numerous testing is leaving a blank/used cassette in deck and left the motor connected; disregard picture with "motor disconnect"

in the link above, CarTronics used RCA L/R jacks though ive used 3.5mm stereo jack female instead, pics are below

Hello and sorry to bring up an old thread I kind of wanted to do what this guy did in the video

So i removed my Comand 2.5 and removed the tape deck and did the steps as mentioned by OP, but I tried to withdraw power from the tape deck instead of having to get wires all the way from the lighter. (which didn't work, so I guess I have to take wires from the lighter).

I connected Left, Right and Ground as advised in OP without cutting the traces because I have a cassette which is blank, I got audio from the AUX I attached via my phone instead of that fancy bluetooth transmitter, but it's very very low, is that because I didn't cut the traces? If I cut the traces as shown in the pictures above will the audio quality be better?

please help my comand is all removed till I find a solution and I live in the middle east so driving without A/C as horrible haha

appreciate any help