Airmatic problem, can't get pump to run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 03:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG IWC
Airmatic problem, can't get pump to run

2003 Mercedes Benz S430
S430 with the service airmatic warning. The problem started when the pump came on when I parked, and didn't turn off. Smelled asomething burning after 10 minutes, but before I could find the fuse or relay it stopped. Checked the relay and looked for any blown fuse. All looked fine. So I ordered a new Arnot pump. Before installing the new pump, I put 12v to the proper connector and it didn't run. So, I thought maybe my power supply wouldn't put out enough current so I went ahead with the installation. It's a pretty easy install. Started the car, went for a drive and tried to raise the vehicle. Nothing. Still with the service warning. My car is at the proper height now for 5 days. Hasn't dropped at all, so I'm pretty certain no leak. I also checked the old pump and couldn't get it to run either. I also swapped relays with no results.
When pulling fuses now I have a second malfunction. Service coolant. UGH....
Does anyone have some ideas on what to do or check at this point? I can ohm out the windings I suppose. Means pulling it out again. Perhaps run some hot wires from the battery and see if it runs? Do I need to reset the service needed before it will run? How about the coolant warning?