Flushing the Air Con system - How?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
S55K AMG
Flushing the Air Con system - How?

Hello all

A few days ago the Air Con compressor siezed up and now iv had it removed from the car. There is still oil inside it so not too sure how that happened, but someone looked at the oil (which is a really really dark grey) and aid it seems to have metal in it, which means the system has to be flushed.

I have not yet put the new compressor on, so i want to know what the procedure is for flushing the system?

Do i do it when i out the new compressor on (and can then obviousley drive the car), do i put the new compressor on and then have it done straight away? And whats involved in having it done, can someone mobile do it as the car is stuck in the garage right now?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 S430 4Matic
I found a video on U-tube on doing it. Can't find it now. Basically when you do a flush you are replacing all the components in the system. Compressor, dryer, and expansion valve. While the system is in parts you can flush the condenser and evaperator coils with a special chemical for that purpose then blow out all the lines. The important part here is that you clean everything go get out the metal out of the system otherwise the new components you install will be contaminated. Not sure how much I helped.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
S55K AMG
That was a lot of help thanks, i found to flush the system you can use the oil that the system takes and blow it through the hoses with compressed air. I have now done this.

I am putting in a new compressor, condenser and reciever/dryer and these are the main culprits for holding debris and dirt anyway so the system should be clean now.

Thanks