S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Can removing/replacing fuses cause warning lights to come on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S500
Can removing/replacing fuses cause warning lights to come on?

I did some work on my 2000 S500 causing me to have to remove the radiator and fan shroud, and when I got it back together the radio worked, but I didn't get any audio through the speakers. I read on a post on one of the forums where removing the fuse for the radio would and leaving it out for two minutes and then replacing it would "reset" the audio system. While I was at it I thought I'd check all the fuses I could find so I pulled them all, checked them, and then replaced then. I don't know exactly which one, if any did it, but I now have tunes in the car.

However, ever since then, just about every warning on the drivers information center comes on and the air suspension won't pump up. Is it possible my removing/replacing the fuses caused this? Can all this be reset and if so, how? For that matter, how do I reset the warnings on the drivers information center?

Thanks in advance.

Wendell
Old 10-02-2014, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Never heard of this kind of problem before. However, you can disconnect the battery for about 1/2 hour. After reconnecting the battery make sure you go through all of the resync processes which are outlined in the encyclopedia.