S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Cant set the date on command 2.5 ???

Old 10-26-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
S 320
Cant set the date on command 2.5 ???

Here in the UK we have recently entered wintertime which means our clock go back 1 hour from summertime.
I have been able to set the command so that the time auto changes from summertime using location ie UK time zone. and also linked to the cars display which also changes. (Sorry Im not using the terminology from the manual but you know what I mean)
Problem I find is that I cannot change the day month year (Its greyed out) and wont adjust through the set up menu.
Does anyone know if there is a reason for this ??
Many Thanks for any help

Quick update
When entering the set up mode as soon as ignition is on, and before the satellite symbol comes up, the option to change the date is available.
The problem is it greys out as soon as a satellite symbol comes up and the date is currently set as 3rd march 2094 thats a long wait !!

Another update,
I covered the shark fin reducing the GPS signal. Without GPS I CAN set the day month and year.
Problem is as soon as the GPS signal is re instated and lets face it your sat navs not much use without GPS.
The whole date year thing greys out again and in grey out reverts back to 3rd March 2094.
I can only assume when you have auto update for the time through you region and GPS, the day month year is disabled for some reason, maybe its simply not relevant when time is set through the GPS ???

Last edited by baldsparky; 10-26-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s class w220
Hi

I have the same problem with my comand 2.5 on my s class w220. As soon as the Gps simbol comes on the date goes 3rd march 2095.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s class w220
Hi

Does anybody have any clue as to what might be the problem with command 2.5 date setting?