S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

KangAIRoo – Adjust Ride Height with your Smartphone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
KangAIRoo – Adjust Ride Height with your Smartphone!

Hello MBWorld,

Today, I want to announce that I am officially a vendor on the forum. Starting in March, I will begin selling a product that was once considered only a small hobby of mine. Countless hours of research, development and testing have gone into making KangAIRoo a viable product that will one day be available on all cars with Airmatic style suspensions.

THE PROBLEM:

Currently, S-Class (s320, s430, s500, s55, s600, s65) owners are stuck with two inferior options for lowering their vehicle. 1. Lowering Links are a very quick and easy way to adjust ride height without having to be a brain surgeon. 2. STAR Diagnostic or custom tuning is a great way to lower your car but it is very expensive and/or requires a trip to the dealer. Both options are a static drop and will require manual adjustments to change the height of your vehicle.

OUR SOLUTION:

The KangAIRoo allows you to adjust the ride height of your suspension with your smartphone on demand. Our system acts independently of the numerous complex computers constantly monitoring your vehicle to minimize expensive troubleshooting with a mechanic. You can have your car ride high on a gravel road and make it ride low when you get to the highway. Slam it down when you park, or raise up the front to go over a speed bump.

HOW IT WORKS:

Vehicles with Airmatic style suspensions are equipped with two or more sensors that constantly relay data to your vehicles computer, these sensors are set at a fixed position on a suspension component so that the air struts know whether to inflate or deflate based on the information relayed. KangAIRoo essentially piggybacks your suspension system so that you can raise or lower as needed by sending the vehicles computer information that makes it raise or lower as needed.

INSTALLATION:

A small black box neatly tucked away underneath your passenger floorboard processes all commands coming from your smartphone. A wiring harness built specifically for your vehicles chassis type relays information to actuators that are bolted onto each of your vehicles factory air ride sensors. Intuitive installation instructions that include step-by-step pictures is included with your purchase. Basic tools and a floor jack are needed.

!!!!W220 W/O ABC EARLY ADOPTER SPECIAL!!!!:
I am currently looking for 5 early adopters with Non-ABC cars that will be shipped the first production kits as pictured for $695/shipped. This product has already been running on the shops own 2001 s500 for 3 months without a flaw. These customers will have telephone and/or email support 7 days a week, full transparency into other early adopter issues and/or feature requests and free hardware or software upgrades.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Banned

W220
Here is a quick time-lapse adjustment video using my Android Galaxy S5 with the "KangAIRoo" app available on the Play Store.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Are you the same guy as drift myride, who posted here

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/571681-fully-adjustable-airmatic-suspension.html

Looks like the same control box

Pricing is a bit too high for me, I think if you were able to cut the price in half, more than twice as many people would buy it , if that makes any sense ?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 S550, 08 Charger Srt8, 63 Ford Galaxie 500, 07 GSXR1000
Will this work on w221 S550?
Old 02-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Banned

W220
Originally Posted by tusabes
Are you the same guy as drift myride, who posted here

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...uspension.html

Looks like the same control box

Pricing is a bit too high for me, I think if you were able to cut the price in half, more than twice as many people would buy it , if that makes any sense ?
Hey,

Yes, that's me. When I became a vendor I wanted my name to match the product.

I totally understand the concern for cost, I am working with a few linear actuator vendors to drive my cost down but unfortunately I can't budge until I have some more volume. Perhaps if we could get a group buy together I could encourage the vendor to lower cost. Sending you a PM in a minute.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Banned

W220
Originally Posted by castroadan
Will this work on w221 S550?
I am currently looking for someone interested in prototyping, would you be interested in helping? The control unit is the same and the only thing that changes for the s550 is the lengths of the wiring harness to each actuator.

-Mike
Old 02-25-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 S430, 2000 S500 Both Brilliant Silver!
Hey congrats on the progress, good work and very innovative!
However, in order to be competitive, you should lower the price.

As it stands, a STAR system will cost around $700 give or take a few $ depending on source.

I would seriously consider getting this if it were around $300.

Best of luck and I hope your 220 doesn't eat itself whole due to all that extra rust!!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:45 AM
Banned

W220
Originally Posted by VMAX7
Hey congrats on the progress, good work and very innovative!
However, in order to be competitive, you should lower the price.

As it stands, a STAR system will cost around $700 give or take a few $ depending on source.

I would seriously consider getting this if it were around $300.

Best of luck and I hope your 220 doesn't eat itself whole due to all that extra rust!!

Thanks for the feedback, I also appreciate the clarity into pricing around the STAR system. I have begun discussions with a few linear actuator vendors that will likely be able to decrease my costs significantly and get KangAIRoo available at a better price. My main concern right now is to keep the price low without sacrificing quality. Just excited to share my invention with the world.

Glad someone finally said something about the rust on my 2001! I've had my fenders and lower doors repainted three times. I finally just took a "If-you-can't-beat-it-join-it" type attitude to the rust so now its just going to be a German rat rod.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:22 AM

That's sick! A rat rod 220 is blasphemy but I understand your frustration lmao!

There are Chinese versions of STAR around ebay for 3-400 bucks but I hear they're not reliable. I could either spend $700 on the KangAIRoo system and be able to adjust the height via smartphone(I have an iphone, is it compatible?) Or spend $700+(actually is was quoted $850 :-|)on STAR and be able to lower, code out the side marker lights, raise the vmax limit, clear codes, fiddle with alarm chimes and the list goes on..

Don't forget to advertise on craigslist also. I wish you all the best!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 E550
Isn't the dealership STAR method just a one time deal? You go in dealership, have it lowered, then leave?

This product seems (to me) to be a good value in that you can raise and lower at will. Gotta put snow tires on for the winter or big slicks for the track, the flexibility is there.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 S550, 08 Charger Srt8, 63 Ford Galaxie 500, 07 GSXR1000
Originally Posted by KangAIRoo
I am currently looking for someone interested in prototyping, would you be interested in helping? The control unit is the same and the only thing that changes for the s550 is the lengths of the wiring harness to each actuator.

-Mike
Yeah I would be interested in trying this out.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ParadiseLV
Isn't the dealership STAR method just a one time deal? You go in dealership, have it lowered, then leave?

This product seems (to me) to be a good value in that you can raise and lower at will. Gotta put snow tires on for the winter or big slicks for the track, the flexibility is there.
I'm talking about buying a STAR diagnostic setup and doing the work yourself, adjusting and fiddling at your leisure. Being at the dealer's mercy is not a route I have time nor patience for.

Also not sure if dealers will lower your car for you, maybe a hit or miss depending on who you know or how the shop foreman's feeling that day.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Banned

W220
That's sick! A rat rod 220 is blasphemy but I understand your frustration lmao!

There are Chinese versions of STAR around ebay for 3-400 bucks but I hear they're not reliable. I could either spend $700 on the KangAIRoo system and be able to adjust the height via smartphone(I have an iphone, is it compatible?) Or spend $700+(actually is was quoted $850 :-|)on STAR and be able to lower, code out the side marker lights, raise the vmax limit, clear codes, fiddle with alarm chimes and the list goes on..

Don't forget to advertise on craigslist also. I wish you all the best!
Total blasphemy is right, but there is no better way to showcase a product than to turn a few heads upside down though.

Thanks for the well wishes, I will continue to keep you updated.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Banned

W220
Originally Posted by ParadiseLV

You're exactly right, unless you owned the STAR system you would only achieve a "static" drop. If you owned a STAR system, you definitely wouldn't want to have it sitting in your passenger seat at all times in the event of a steep speed bump or bad road. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Banned

W220
Originally Posted by castroadan
Yeah I would be interested in trying this out.
Thanks for the interest! I'm expecting to have an update in about 2 weeks for the improved linear actuators. Then lets start working on a plan to get this released on the w221, looking forward to working with you.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
interested in this!!!
Old 07-18-2015, 03:57 AM

mercedes w220 s500L
Hi
Is it possible to bye this from you?

Micke

Originally Posted by KangAIRoo
Hello MBWorld,

Today, I want to announce that I am officially a vendor on the forum. Starting in March, I will begin selling a product that was once considered only a small hobby of mine. Countless hours of research, development and testing have gone into making KangAIRoo a viable product that will one day be available on all cars with Airmatic style suspensions.

THE PROBLEM:

Currently, S-Class (s320, s430, s500, s55, s600, s65) owners are stuck with two inferior options for lowering their vehicle. 1. Lowering Links are a very quick and easy way to adjust ride height without having to be a brain surgeon. 2. STAR Diagnostic or custom tuning is a great way to lower your car but it is very expensive and/or requires a trip to the dealer. Both options are a static drop and will require manual adjustments to change the height of your vehicle.

OUR SOLUTION:

The KangAIRoo allows you to adjust the ride height of your suspension with your smartphone on demand. Our system acts independently of the numerous complex computers constantly monitoring your vehicle to minimize expensive troubleshooting with a mechanic. You can have your car ride high on a gravel road and make it ride low when you get to the highway. Slam it down when you park, or raise up the front to go over a speed bump.

HOW IT WORKS:

Vehicles with Airmatic style suspensions are equipped with two or more sensors that constantly relay data to your vehicles computer, these sensors are set at a fixed position on a suspension component so that the air struts know whether to inflate or deflate based on the information relayed. KangAIRoo essentially piggybacks your suspension system so that you can raise or lower as needed by sending the vehicles computer information that makes it raise or lower as needed.

INSTALLATION:

A small black box neatly tucked away underneath your passenger floorboard processes all commands coming from your smartphone. A wiring harness built specifically for your vehicles chassis type relays information to actuators that are bolted onto each of your vehicles factory air ride sensors. Intuitive installation instructions that include step-by-step pictures is included with your purchase. Basic tools and a floor jack are needed.

!!!!W220 W/O ABC EARLY ADOPTER SPECIAL!!!!:
I am currently looking for 5 early adopters with Non-ABC cars that will be shipped the first production kits as pictured for $695/shipped. This product has already been running on the shops own 2001 s500 for 3 months without a flaw. These customers will have telephone and/or email support 7 days a week, full transparency into other early adopter issues and/or feature requests and free hardware or software upgrades.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM

06 E55
Interested in this for my w211 e55. Is that possible? Thanks
Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 PM

CLS500
We’re is KangAIRoo

We’re is KangAIRoo I was trying to contact him but it says banned I wanted to get some info about his setup
Old 02-12-2018, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by bigblack315
We’re is KangAIRoo I was trying to contact him but it says banned I wanted to get some info about his setup
try his YouTube video contact or his other screen name driftmyride
Old 02-13-2018, 01:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2006 S430 AMG
I'm talking about buying a STAR diagnostic setup and doing the work yourself, adjusting and fiddling at your leisure. Being at the dealer's mercy is not a route I have time nor patience for.

Also not sure if dealers will lower your car for you, maybe a hit or miss depending on who you know or how the shop foreman's feeling that day.
Washer method FTW