S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

abc pump replaced front right wont pump up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S55 AMG
abc pump replaced front right wont pump up

So had a bad pump, tried seal kit, worked for about 10 min before it started leaking again. During the time when it did work, I cycled the system to raise/lower. Front left woudln't budge. It was stuck in high position. Got rebuilt pump, got it replaced but also took out front valve block for cleaning and checkup (thought maybe block was gunked up). Took of fitting for right side, strut lowered down to floor as expected. Took off fitting for left side (had that side on a jackstand) and it dropped violently. Now after pump replacement, no leaks as of yet, but the driver side won't pump up. I've cycled the system many times but it won't go. The other three will raise and lower but not that driver side.

I'm worried that it's the valves/actuators in the block that control the right side as I understand that you can't buy those individually and the whole block is very pricey.

Anyone have any experiences with a similar situation? Is there any way to jump the actuators to try to make it go or is that just a bad idea?
Old 07-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
Sounds like stuck solenoid on driver side (left) will not open to raise strut? Contact Jnash on this forum for assistance in diagnostics and he also rebuilds valve blocks. Don't know what he charges but see this post for guidance.

Also, Youtube video

Good luck,

Bob

Last edited by mercy-me; 07-24-2015 at 09:17 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-24-2015, 09:37 AM

2005 S55 AMG
thanks!

Yeah, my gut was stuck valve, but I have sadly run out of time to fix this on my own so the flatbed is out front right now to come take her away.
Best part is that the left front pumped up just as I pulled it out to load onto truck--then dropped hard again. Oh well.

buh bye

Last edited by zamoti; 07-24-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:12 PM

2005 S55 AMG
It has been fixed, cause was that the owner is a moron. Didn't connect valve block correctly. Once that was sorted they still had to rodeo it a few times to get the air out as there was a lot.