S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Strutmasters is a bad parts for luxury car like Mercedes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 2002
Exclamation Strutmasters is a bad parts for luxury car like Mercedes.

To whom it may concern:
First: Strutmasters did not publish my first review on their web site. Shame. Strutmasters like a cheater. Be honest. I had bad experience with this kit SKU / MS14F. I have S500 2002, 148500 miles. I own this car 6 years it was 113000. I use air and this is bad suspension strutmasters like 4 and 2 without years. I can compare. Now my car cost $1200 . If I will put original air suspension back it will cost $4000. Where is their economy? They did not save money. Kit and installation cost $2000 (I had broken only one air suspension but body shop said that strutmasters promised that it will be the same or better and I need replace 4, all of them) without light correction and you will need this for sure plus $399. I can put all 4 air suspension for $2500 now for any s500 easy. Life time warranty is a fake. They said that I do not have lifetime warranty because body shop paid. Anybody who will by your car with this kit is loosing warranty. I DID NOT GET THIS WARRANTY EVEN I FIRST OWNER.
About result: It was luxury car, now is like a tractor. Noisy, sound like is something hitting my car every time. I would say my car like a can with stones inside. Suspension is to strong. I repair already three time my rims. It was banded on the same road as before. I feel every small strong bump or hole on the road. Even I had to repair my rear window. Due vibration it was almost detached.
Safety: It was obvious change brakes way and how car keep road. I do not feel secure now. Sometimes car losing traction? Almost flying. I am professional truck driver. I am everyday on road. Safety is a number one.
My recommendation. Do not replace air on spring. If you want build your car by your self ? Do it and run on your yard until your pass DOT. This kit do not have DOT approve. You will be guilty if you will kill some body because you made it and factory do not responsible for change of your car. This is the same like load different bullet in gun and go on street and tell that this is safety. IT IS A BAD PRODUCT. I spoke with customer service. Nice people. Kind. But they did not help at all. Do not put this on your car if you care about your family.
Stay away from Strutmasters.
I can not sell this car in private party. Everybody scared with sound and driving experience. Only CarMax was ready to take for $1200. And they said only for resale of body shop for parts.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
huh?
odviously going from bags to coils is a different ride, depending on your roads. sometimes you dont even feel the diffrence.
odviously the new owners will not have the "warranty" because it usually applies to the first owner.
so why the crying?
DOT or not you will not be "guilty" of anything. Ive build countless cars that are not "DOT" legal let alone made for the street, that doesnt mean anything.
Carmax is just wanting to give you a cheap price so they can turn around and resell it they did it to a previous car I had modified only to flip it for a great profit considering they only gave $4500 but sold it for $12,000.
also that grammar tho :/ lol
Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 PM

S500 2002
Honestly. I do not care about CarMax, DOT or even you. You are very wise and cleave. I hope. Not Like I am. This post is not about crying. It is warning about bad products for Mercedes. Obviously not for you. You knew it. And I am happy that you let everybody know that you knew it. Congratulation.
Keep going on your way. Please. I am sure to replace air on coil is a stupid things which anybody can make. Do not do it.
P.S. How many your friend or relatives were killed in car accident? 30000 per year cleaver people like you are dying. Ond one of the reason that some body shop put on car some bad parts. I wish you not to be next victim. Good luck
Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 PM

2005 S500
obviously you care or else you wouldnt be posting lol

Actually I have hear nothing but good things from strutmasters.
its people like you that dont like a product after they buy it and then complain and cry about it try to shame companies.
actually none have died because WE RESEARCH BEFORE WE BUY THINGS. Bodyshops only put cheap parts when the owners want to be cheap.

BYE FELICIA.
The following users liked this post:
S550owner324 (03-11-2022)
Old 08-27-2015, 06:14 PM

S500 2002
Ok. Could you help to fix my car? And if you will be in Los Angeles and I will still own this car I will give you free ride. You will "enjoy".
P.S. Are you layer? You acting like a layer. I did not chose what put on car. It was body shop decision. In two month they sold business. I missed this. Can I get anything back? Sure not. I knew that I lost in first year. Do I need to warn everybody? Yes. Pesrsonally I do not know anybody in LA with strutmasters coils. Even strutmasters do not have any body shop who work with them. I asked about this. They said that they are sorry and can not help. About research: I saw good review which they put. They deleted bad. Only on complain sites you can find true. By the way, you have s500 2005. Did you install strutmasters conversion kit? Last question. Looks like you are Lady. You are good educated in car industry? Masters? PhD?
P.S. I am really wish you to get the same problem in any industry. I want to see how you will not cry. Still better without problem if you will not insist to have them.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:29 PM

2005 S500
lmao
dude first get your grammar on point.

I have been in a car with strumasters you feel a small diffrence depending on the roads.
actually yes I am educated in the car industry.
why would you take your car to a body to put on struts? I see you arent educated in the car industry.
the only lady here is you with your crying lol.

well keep wishing because I do research before I buy any product.
actually mine is a 05 s500 odd enough, considering I didn't just buy the car to have a benz I did research so I know what Im getting myself into and not cry after because it broke down lol

Old 08-27-2015, 07:20 PM

S500 2002
Ok. Peace? I did not want to hart you. I am only study English. You see it and just pointed. Not funny. If I do not see mistake, I will made again. And you are not help full at all again, just complain about my complain. I hope that you are only one kind person here. Be Lady is not wrong. We are thinking different.
Why did I put? It was broken and use to use this body shop 5 years. I do not know maybe he tried to test strut maybe did not have regular air suspension. I do not know.He run away.
About struts. Looks like we are talking about different things. I think you drove car which had regular suspension and replaced on struts. I can not believe that you did with air on coil. This is completely different. Even I am not professional in your industry but it is different. Come to LA and you will feel.
No way it was-, it is-, and it will- -stupid to put coil suspension instead of air. This is my first point. Second point about company which does not care about customer service. They do not care.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Arnott makes a much better coil conversion for airmatic cars .

Strut masters makes a conversion for both air and abc cars. Abc is hydraulic suspension not air . And strut masters gets good reviews of their abc conversion kits from members of this forum

Sergiy I'm in California I'll give you $1600 for your car , more than Carmax
Old 08-29-2015, 04:53 AM

2005 S500
BTW i didnt mean to sound like a douche.