o/s rear shock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes S320 CDI 2001
o/s rear shock

Hi Guys
When my car goes over some ditch on the road. The o/s rear knock noise comes. No clue why. Second day. When I start the car in the morning burnt diesel smell comes and third question. When I put a foot on the gas and accerlate the car black smoke come from the exhaust.
Please advise
Would appreciate
Thx
Old 10-04-2015, 05:13 PM

mercedes S320 CDI 2001
Originally Posted by isohail
Hi Guys
When my car goes over some ditch on the road. The o/s rear knock noise comes. No clue why. Second day. When I start the car in the morning burnt diesel smell comes and third question. When I put a foot on the gas and accerlate the car black smoke come from the exhaust.
Please advise
Would appreciate
Thx
People here don't like helping others!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
This is mainly a USA forum and we don't have the cdi cars here
You'll have more luck at a .uk forum
Old 10-05-2015, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
Originally Posted by tusabes
This is mainly a USA forum and we don't have the cdi cars here
You'll have more luck at a .uk forum
this.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S320L
what is o/s?

1) go under the car check visually, jack up the car and check the wheels and
bushings. it is better to go to petrol station and use their lift to not to waste time.
2) your car runs rich on mixture, is CEL light on? What is your fuel consumption?
3) see 2

i also dont have usa car, but this forum helped me a lot.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
The passenger-side noise over a bump could be exhaust hitting the body because a support has failed; a suspension bushing has failed; or something else. Only direct examination can tell you the cause - we would just be making long-distance guesses.

The Diesel smell might be a compression problem - one or more cylinders worn or damaged, causing low compression, which causes incomplete combustion, which causes the odor. Or, a problem with the complex fuel control system might be injecting too much fuel in one or more cylinders, with the same result. Again, only direct testing can give you the answer.

Black smoke on acceleration again indicates incomplete combustion. Again, only direct testing can tell you the cause.

Is this your first Diesel vehicle?

Have you had the car hooked to the Mercedes Diagnostic Assistance System to read any trouble codes? This would be a much better way to get an idea of the cause of any engine problems.

The people on here are one of the best support groups you can find. We will be happy to tell you what we know - and some folks are happy to tell you more than they know. But we can't see or hear your car, and many of us are not very familiar with Diesels. Your very quick and insulting attitude will greatly reduce your chances of anyone trying to help you,,,
Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 PM

mercedes S320 CDI 2001
Originally Posted by wallyp
The passenger-side noise over a bump could be exhaust hitting the body because a support has failed; a suspension bushing has failed; or something else. Only direct examination can tell you the cause - we would just be making long-distance guesses.

The Diesel smell might be a compression problem - one or more cylinders worn or damaged, causing low compression, which causes incomplete combustion, which causes the odor. Or, a problem with the complex fuel control system might be injecting too much fuel in one or more cylinders, with the same result. Again, only direct testing can give you the answer.

Black smoke on acceleration again indicates incomplete combustion. Again, only direct testing can tell you the cause.

Is this your first Diesel vehicle?

Have you had the car hooked to the Mercedes Diagnostic Assistance System to read any trouble codes? This would be a much better way to get an idea of the cause of any engine problems.

The people on here are one of the best support groups you can find. We will be happy to tell you what we know - and some folks are happy to tell you more than they know. But we can't see or hear your car, and many of us are not very familiar with Diesels. Your very quick and insulting attitude will greatly reduce your chances of anyone trying to help you,,,
Thx for the in detail reply. Much appreciated