S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2005 S430 - iPhone to Stereo Connection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S430
2005 S430 - iPhone to Stereo Connection

Hi All, I'm excited to have just picked up a 2005 S430, 48,000 miles, immaculate condition, Black on Black, $13,300.

I'm picking it up in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday and am going to take the long weekend to explore Arizona while driving it back to LA.

I'd love to be able to connect my phone to the Bose stereo for the drive but I understand that's a little difficult with this these models and some sort of aftermarket connection is needed. (I've browsed the forums but found them quite confusing as to exactly what I need!).

Does anyone have a simple explanation of what I need to buy to be able to connect my iPhone to the stereo to be able to listen to music?

Advanced but less urgent question - I've read that there might be a microphone for in car phone use. Is that right? If so, what's the best way to connect the phone to this system?

Any help very welcome, thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
There are numerous options

The Motorola roadster , sold on Amazon , clips to your visor and will let you take calls and play music from your phone through the stereo . It uses an fm radio station transmitter so you just turn your stereo in to that fm frequency . Nothing to install . About $50

Other options like the dension gateway require installation and cost several hundred dollars but are more integrated .

If you just want the phone to work (not music from your phone to stream ) and you have a phone cradle in your armrest Motorola has a Bluetooth puck for about $300 used in eBay that will pair your phone to the car , but again it won't stream music . No installation. It simply plugs into the armrest phone cradle
Old 06-29-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S430
Thanks tusabes, that's really helpful.

I'm guessing the Motorola FM transmittor option isn't that great for sound quality? Sounds like I should explore the Dension Gateway option.

One thought - if I have my iPhone to plug in I won't need to use the CD changer. Is there any way to unplug the CD changer and use that connector in the back of the stereo to plug in a 3.5mm mini jack cable to plug the iPhone into instead? I'm assuming it's not as simple as that but thought I'd ask...

Thanks in advance again.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Yes there is a device that takes the place of the cd changer . Its not as simple as unplugging you need a converter . I think it's called mobridge.

But that won't get you Bluetooth phone pairing
Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 S500 4Matic
Originally Posted by tusabes
Yes there is a device that takes the place of the cd changer . Its not as simple as unplugging you need a converter . I think it's called mobridge.

But that won't get you Bluetooth phone pairing
The M2.Pro Most should get you Bluetooth phone pairing.
http://www.mobridge.us/products/m2pro-most