S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Antenna Amplifier/Booster Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:43 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
Antenna Amplifier/Booster Problem?

Hello, I just wanted to ask for your guys' help on something since the information I've been looking at on the internet hasn't really been clear or accurate on this specific subject. My long-range locking does not work with the key fob (I have to point right at the IR blaster to lock/unlock doors) and I have poor radio signal reception. After doing a bit of research, I have found out that these symptoms are related to an antenna amplifier issue and it is the cause of these problems.

First thing I decided to do was to check the fuse for the antenna amplifier.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/fuses-a...***-2000-2006/

According to this chart, the fuse for the "antenna booster" is fuse #60. So I popped open the fuse box under the rear passenger seat to find that there was no fuse at all in that slot! So I went back online to check what amperage fuse I should put in the slot, and returned with no luck. There were a few charts that had all the fuses with their corresponding amperage, but the amperage information for fuse #60 was missing, which I found odd. So now I am stuck as to which fuse amperage I should insert into the missing fuse slot, and then I can continue to troubleshoot my problem if it is just a simple missing fuse or if it is a bigger problem relating to the antenna amplifier system.

Thank you very much!
Old 07-18-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
Never mind. I asked a buddy of mine to send me a picture of his fusebox on his 2004 S600 and the missing fuse on my car was supposed to be 7.5 amps. So I installed the fuse and my long range locking and keyless go started working for the first time ever since I have owned this car! I hope this post helps anyone who is having issues with their long range locking or keyless go.