s320 w220 sagging from rear overnight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320W220
Angry s320 w220 sagging from rear overnight

Hi!
i owned a mercedez benz w220 s320 model. i have replaced the solenoid valve and compressor (brand new) almost 8 months ago. since last days i have noticed the car is sagging from the rear overnight and sometimes it is not sagging at all. I am sure there is a a problem with the airmatic component. But the question is if the leak is developed in the rear shock due to which the car is sagging then why the car is not sagging at all when i park the car on vehicle raise mode.
its making me very confused now which component to replace, wheather i needs to replace the valve block once again or both the rear struts.
Car is not sagging at all at vehicle rise mode.
Please help out!!!
Old 11-16-2016, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
Most of the Airmatic system could not tell whether the car is parked at normal height or at lifted height. For example, the valves in the valve block will be in exactly the same condition in either case, so it is very unlikely that the problem is in the valve block. The same is true of the compressor.

One possibility that I can think of that is different when the car is parked at lifted height is that the rolling diaphragms in the rear struts will be in different positions with the car lifted. If there is a tiny hole in the area that is exposed at normal height, parking at lifted height might roll the diaphragm to a position that puts the hole against the metal tube, blocking the hole and slowing the leak.

If the problem is a diaphragm leak, I would expect one side to be lower after the strut leaks down.

Reading this might help you to better understand the system. https://w220.ee/Airmatic