Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550 - MBWorld.org Forums

Log In 


S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550

After I had posted some photos of the interior of a S550 with the designo option, someone raised the question if the rear center armrest had wood trim and switches like that of a S600. Well, I was able to get back the dealer over the weekend, and while the Graphite car was outsde and locked, the one with the designo Sand interior was in the showroom. It has the same armrest as any other S550. I even opened the lid on it...no wood, no switches. Just black plastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-001.jpg   Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-002.jpg   Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-006.jpg   Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-007.jpg   Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-008.jpg  

BADD BRADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SUNILP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,914
Drives: 2003 c320, 2002 s500, 1992 300SD
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that wood, switches, and other gizmos are for cars with the rear seat package. Those buttons control the rear seat features.
SUNILP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is my understanding that the switches for the rear seat package are on the door panels. Power seat adjuster as well as switches for the heating and cooling feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-011.jpg   Rear Center Armrest on Designo S550-jan12-016.jpg  

Last edited by BADD BRADD; 01-13-2008 at 08:23 PM.
BADD BRADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,071
Drives: 2007 S600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil @ motorwerks View Post
that wood, switches, and other gizmos are for cars with the rear seat package. Those buttons control the rear seat features.
Exactly!! It is missing the woodgrain because of the lack of rear seat package....not because of the designo package.
trumpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,071
Drives: 2007 S600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADD BRADD View Post
It is my understanding that the switches for the rear seat package are on the door panels. Power seat adjuster as well as switches for the heating and cooling feature.
It's on both the doors and the center console. The center console switches control the massage fxn and other seat comfort modes, while the door controls everything you just mentioned in your post. I can't think of a scenario where you would only have door switches unless I'm overlooking something.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
trumpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #6
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...en/N23992.html This shoulld answer all of our questions. The rear armrest switches are for multi-contour rear seats, standard on the S600
BADD BRADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 368
Drives: 06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet1 View Post
It's on both the doors and the center console. The center console switches control the massage fxn and other seat comfort modes, while the door controls everything you just mentioned in your post. I can't think of a scenario where you would only have door switches unless I'm overlooking something.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right. See photos in this thread:

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=224422

J
jeffreyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
NJS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Jersey (Metro)
Posts: 281
Drives: S550 / S430 / E320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet1 View Post
It's on both the doors and the center console. The center console switches control the massage fxn and other seat comfort modes, while the door controls everything you just mentioned in your post. I can't think of a scenario where you would only have door switches unless I'm overlooking something.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The rear seat package on the S550 does not include Drive Dynamic seats or the massage function and thus the reason the armrest has no switches or wood trim - even on the designo versions. Only the S600 and AMG's come with the center armrest with the switches.
NJS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,071
Drives: 2007 S600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJS430 View Post
The rear seat package on the S550 does not include Drive Dynamic seats or the massage function and thus the reason the armrest has no switches or wood trim - even on the designo versions. Only the S600 and AMG's come with the center armrest with the switches.

I learn something everyday here. I didn't know that. So on the S550, you're saying you have reclined seating and heat/cooling and that's all?
trumpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #10
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: central pennsylvania
Posts: 768
Drives: 12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet1 View Post
I learn something everyday here. I didn't know that. So on the S550, you're saying you have reclined seating and heat/cooling and that's all?
ditto. Drive dynamic rear seats are not available on the 550 for the US.

The reclining rear seats are superb. I love em.
LETO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
NJS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Jersey (Metro)
Posts: 281
Drives: S550 / S430 / E320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet1 View Post
I learn something everyday here. I didn't know that. So on the S550, you're saying you have reclined seating and heat/cooling and that's all?
The US market doesn’t seem to have as wide a variety or variants when it comes to ordering. For example, we have only three variants for the designo interior. On another thread, someone in Canada is complaining about the lack of leather trim on the lower dash and door panels on their S550 that they ordered with the Designo Mystic White interior. In the US, that's how the Mystic White designo comes on the S550, even though the other two designo additions have the leather on the doors and dash. The only way to get Drive Dynamic rear seats in the US, is to order the S63 or S65. On the bright side, the US enjoys having to pay the lowest price of any marketplace for the car.
NJS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,071
Drives: 2007 S600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETO View Post
ditto. Drive dynamic rear seats are not available on the 550 for the US.

The reclining rear seats are superb. I love em.
To the best of my knowledge, as posted above, even the 600 does not have drive dynamic seats. I have a 600 and I can't recall them adjusting in turns. So the 63 and 65 do have this? If so, where is it controlled? In the rear console or is it controlled along with the front controls?
trumpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 5,094
Drives: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet1 View Post
To the best of my knowledge, as posted above, even the 600 does not have drive dynamic seats. I have a 600 and I can't recall them adjusting in turns. So the 63 and 65 do have this? If so, where is it controlled? In the rear console or is it controlled along with the front controls?
I agree with the above. The rear seat options should be (223 standard on a LWB car):
276/memory seats
406/multicontour with massage
402/ventilated seats

The US cars may have a package but it must consist of the above individual features.
Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #14
Member
 
MBS63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 85
Drives: 2008 S63 2005 996 Turbo S, 2006 Sennia XLE Limited AWD
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree too. multicontour rear seat with massage only comes standard for s600 and it can not be upgrade on other models. So the "wood rear console" is exclusive to s600.

For s65 multicontour rear seat is option, but it didn't not say it has the massage feature.

Do they really have "drive dynamic rear seat"?
MBS63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,071
Drives: 2007 S600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS63 View Post
Do they really have "drive dynamic rear seat"?
Honestly, I don't think that is available anywhere in the world (at this time). I remember in another thread where we were mentioning things we wish they would add to the W221 , and that was one of the "wish items".
If I'm wrong, someone speak up as I'm pretty sure we in the U.S.A. don't have this. What about you guys in other countries? Are you aware of its availability?
trumpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 AM   #16
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 5,094
Drives: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS63 View Post
I agree too. multicontour rear seat with massage only comes standard for s600 and it can not be upgrade on other models. So the "wood rear console" is exclusive to s600.

For s65 multicontour rear seat is option, but it didn't not say it has the massage feature.

Do they really have "drive dynamic rear seat"?

I did not say it specifically on the earlier post but I agree with trumpet1 that drive dynamic rear seats simply do not exist at the moment. Those would be available in Germany if they existed.

Considering the "wood rear console", in Europe that would be an option for any of the engine variants (with rear entertainment or multicontour seats or similar options that need the switch panel).
Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
NJS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Jersey (Metro)
Posts: 281
Drives: S550 / S430 / E320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Drive Dynamic Rear Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
I did not say it specifically on the earlier post but I agree with trumpet1 that drive dynamic rear seats simply do not exist at the moment. Those would be available in Germany if they existed.

Considering the "wood rear console", in Europe that would be an option for any of the engine variants (with rear entertainment or multicontour seats or similar options that need the switch panel).
My mistake. I thought I read that the S65 had four-place drive dynamic seats, but I can't find any documentation saying that. Only the multi-contour with massage feature is available in the rear - not drive dynamic.
NJS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Line Of Carbon Fiber Black Series Style Hoods Extreme Dimensions Vendor Announcements 40 08-23-2016 02:38 PM
Labor Day Special For Your MB - 15% Off MOTIVE Products & Accessories! PelicanParts.com Vendor Specials 1 09-10-2015 05:11 PM
Labor Day Special - 15% Off MOTIVE Products & Accessories! PelicanParts.com Classic, Vintage MB Vehicles Vendor Classifieds 1 09-10-2015 05:10 PM
Labor Day Special - 15% Off MOTIVE Products & Accessories! PelicanParts.com MB SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels Vendor Classfieds 1 09-10-2015 05:10 PM
Labor Day Special for Your SLR & SL - 15% Off MOTIVE Products & Accessories! PelicanParts.com MB SLR & SL Roadsters Vendor Classfieds 1 09-10-2015 05:10 PM


Tags
550, arm, armrest, center, designo, dvd, ipod, open, playing, rear, rest, s350, s550, storage, switches


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Copyright © 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.