S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CARCHEX extended warranty??? AND can we have an OFFICIAL extended warranty thread?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
range rover
Exclamation CARCHEX extended warranty??? AND can we have an OFFICIAL extended warranty thread?

How is carchex extended warranty? i was quoted for 4 year for 4200.00 or so. doesnt seem bad. 1050 per year to drive and not care about crap going bad.

1. what have you heard/ anyone use carchex?

2. what extended warranties are YOU on (if any?)
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM

GL 550, S500
Great company. They actually send someone to dealership to verify work and they provide parts and warranty their parts
Old 06-23-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S550V4
I've also heard good things about Carchex. What is the mileage and deductible for the warranty jgjk?

Other warranty companies that I've seen recommended regularly on other boards and from my Service Advisors are Easycare, Mercury, and CNA (through dealers).

I have personal experience with CNA. My 745i was covered by an extended exclusionary CNA warranty that I bought from my local BMW dealership. The warranty paid for itself. CNA would work directly with my Service Advisor. I never had to get directly involved. I was very happy with the experience. The warranty price was $3500 for 3 years and 36,000 miles with a $200 deductible per visit (not per issue). Expensive, but easily was worth the piece of mind for me. I could have probably got a slightly better deal elsewhere, but I liked the fact it was purchased through my local dealer and not via the web from some company I didn't know much about at the time.

My S550 4matic is currently covered by Maxcare via Carmax, which is also a CNA exclusionary warranty. I haven't had to use the warranty yet, but based on my experience in the past with CNA, I don't expect any issues. Any service I need will be performed by my local Mercedes dealership. The pricing was unbeatable at $2000 for 6 years and 67,000 miles with a $300 deductible (also per visit). I haven't seen any other legitimate warranty company come even close in pricing to Carmax' Maxcare warranties, but they are only available if you purchased the vehicle from Carmax. Don't use this price as a normal measure when comparing other warranties.

If you know where you plan on having the vehicle serviced, I would go there and ask your Service Advisor. They can really help in letting you know which warranty companies are easy to deal with and which ones to avoid.

No matter what, don't go for some no name warranty company without researching first
Old 06-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Euro 300SL,SL320,,S550,Porsche 911 Carrera
I guess you meant NAC not CNA ,I got them too and paid $2800.00 including Zero deductible for 3 years or 50K miles whatever comes first,$200 more would have bought you one more years but I know that I get the 50K in 3 years.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S550V4
Originally Posted by ulflei
I guess you meant NAC not CNA ,I got them too and paid $2800.00 including Zero deductible for 3 years or 50K miles whatever comes first,$200 more would have bought you one more years but I know that I get the 50K in 3 years.
CNA and NAC are not the same company. CNA warranties can't be purchased directly, they are only available through dealerships which often will use their own brand name for the warranty even though it is really CNA.

I've also seen recommendations for NAC's warranties.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 PM

Euro 300SL,SL320,,S550,Porsche 911 Carrera
Thank you for the correction I didn't know that.
However with NAC I had a strange encounter,before I bought my car I called them up to ask for a price on the warranty ,they were very friendly and told me then that they wouldn't cover the S550 only on motor and transmission,how much more I was surprised that my dealer had no problem to get the "pinnacle" warranty for me on the car.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ford Fusion
Originally Posted by jgjk
How is carchex extended warranty? i was quoted for 4 year for 4200.00 or so. doesnt seem bad. 1050 per year to drive and not care about crap going bad.

1. what have you heard/ anyone use carchex?

2. what extended warranties are YOU on (if any?)
Another company to check out is Mercury Insurance Group. You can quote your vehicle at www.extended-vehicle-warranty.com and also download sample contracts so that you can review coverage.
Michelle
michelle@auto-pom.com
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by autoPOM!
Another company to check out is Mercury Insurance Group. You can quote your vehicle at www.extended-vehicle-warranty.com and also download sample contracts so that you can review coverage.
Michelle
michelle@auto-pom.com
I can't imagine myself buying this warranty as the coverage is not comparable to the level of a CPO warranty... The exclusion list of their best Platinum coverage is not acceptable... Basically Airmatic, navigation, audio, speakers, and most importantly the exhaust and emission systems are not covered. Those repairs if incurred can be very costly and the CPO warranty covers all these.

Examples of parts not covered are: audio speakers, batteries, bumpers, cables, brake drums and rotors, brake pads and shoes, clamps and fasteners, convertible tops, exhaust and emission system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids (except in conjunction with a covered repair), glass, lights/bulbs/lenses, manual clutch components, navigation systems, shock absorbers, struts, suspension springs, torsion bars, tune-ups, wiper blades, wheels, wheel lug nuts/studs, video entertainment equipment, and any component or equipment not installed by the vehicle manufacturer.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ford Fusion
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I can't imagine myself buying this warranty as the coverage is not comparable to the level of a CPO warranty... The exclusion list of their best Platinum coverage is not acceptable... Basically Airmatic, navigation, audio, speakers, and most importantly the exhaust and emission systems are not covered. Those repairs if incurred can be very costly and the CPO warranty covers all these.

Examples of parts not covered are: audio speakers, batteries, bumpers, cables, brake drums and rotors, brake pads and shoes, clamps and fasteners, convertible tops, exhaust and emission system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids (except in conjunction with a covered repair), glass, lights/bulbs/lenses, manual clutch components, navigation systems, shock absorbers, struts, suspension springs, torsion bars, tune-ups, wiper blades, wheels, wheel lug nuts/studs, video entertainment equipment, and any component or equipment not installed by the vehicle manufacturer.
Yeah, all warranties come with their own list of exclusions, so best if you find one that fits into your needs, for sure. Just to point out, it's not audio that's not covered, it's audio speakers. Your factory installed radio/CD player is covered under their exclusionary coverage. Also, there is coverage available for your nav system, for an additional surcharge.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 AM

range rover
...so car chex is a good company?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by jgjk
...so car chex is a good company?
I just can't help but notice that for the price quoted for you, you can just get the MB warranty... Are you the original owner of the car?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM

range rover
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I just can't help but notice that for the price quoted for you, you can just get the MB warranty... Are you the original owner of the car?
No I am not they quoted 4300 for 5/100k
Old 06-29-2012, 11:45 AM

range rover
I'm 2nd owner and getting warranty for 4300 for 5/100k
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 PM

range rover
Ok I bought it, 451 down and 200 a month for piece of mind and knowing "it's ok"

I also get some sort of deal bucks valued at 300 kinda like a groupon/living social
Old 12-04-2015, 11:38 AM

C63 AMG
Looking at Car Chex as well. I have a 2009 C63 with 39k miles. This is my 2nd C63 and I remember my warranty 'just' expiring and having to eat the cost of new engine mounts, thrust arm bushings and a whole slew of other stuff (tuning me up for about 10k...). My only concern is whether they come through when (and I will need to replace things, we all know it..) needed. Can I trust 'em?

Was just quoted the following (Titanium Package):

Warranty Provider: Assurant Solutions Companies
Product Name: 2013 U Titanium
Term: 36 months / 30,000 miles
Term Price: $3,900
Monthly Cost: $162
Deductible: $100
Waiting Period: 30 days & 1000 miles
Expiration Date: 12/4/2018
or Expiration Odometer: 69,250 miles

Here is a link to the Sample Agreement:

http://docs.carchexcdn.net/coverages...e_Document.pdf

Last edited by AMG_Sherpa; 12-04-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by AMG_Sherpa
Looking at Car Chex as well. I have a 2009 C63 with 39k miles. This is my 2nd C63 and I remember my warranty 'just' expiring and having to eat the cost of new engine mounts, thrust arm bushings and a whole slew of other stuff (tuning me up for about 10k...). My only concern is whether they come through when (and I will need to replace things, we all know it..) needed. Can I trust 'em?

Was just quoted the following (Titanium Package):

Warranty Provider: Assurant Solutions Companies
Product Name: 2013 U Titanium
Term: 36 months / 30,000 miles
Term Price: $3,900
Monthly Cost: $162
Deductible: $100
Waiting Period: 30 days & 1000 miles
Expiration Date: 12/4/2018
or Expiration Odometer: 69,250 miles

Here is a link to the Sample Agreement:

http://docs.carchexcdn.net/coverages...e_Document.pdf
If you can get coverage on your AMG, that is a good price.....especially since most companies won't cover AMG cars. I'd also consider adding the tech package (if your car has those items) and the nav coverage, especially if it doesn't add too much to the over all cost.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:18 AM

C63 AMG
DaveW68 - Thank you for the feedback! Overall, seems like a sound investment and the company looks to be quite reputable. I'm going to reach out to them on the tech and nav coverage.

Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
I think you're going to run into issues with the Renntech package in the event anything drive train related comes up. They're likely quoting you a base C63.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 AM

C63 AMG
they are quoting on a C63 but, what has really been done to the drive train with the ECU tune? Or is that just causality and they'll opt out based on tampering with the base model? I was wondering if that would cause an issue. Should I just pass on this then?
Old 12-09-2015, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
they are quoting on a C63 but, what has really been done to the drive train with the ECU tune? Or is that just causality and they'll opt out based on tampering with the base model? I was wondering if that would cause an issue. Should I just pass on this then?
I didn't know that you had RennTech mods. If you get rid of the RennTech badges and don't mention the ECU tune, then you might not have an issue as most tunes are not easily detected. If there are other obvious mods in the engine bay, that will likely throw up red flags and you may be throwing money away by purchasing coverage. Exhaust mods may also pose a problem, especially aftermarket headers and free flowing cats.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:20 AM

C63 AMG
son of a @$%^$ - This sucks - I know on my last C63 the biggest thing was the engine mounts - would they also deny that due to the RT tune?
Old 12-09-2015, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
son of a @$%^$ - This sucks - I know on my last C63 the biggest thing was the engine mounts - would they also deny that due to the RT tune?
If you have a claim....and a rep sees that you have mods, they could deny coverage on the spot and cancel your policy. If the only thing you've had done is the tune, you could likely get away with it without any issues. It's the obvious items that I mentioned earlier that will cause you problems.

This is going to be the case for any warranty, even a manufacturer warranty. They all expect a car to be left stock and for all maintenance to be followed according to the manufacturer's normal intervals.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:57 AM

C63 AMG
Torn now...just torn. I know I'll have to inevitably take care of the mounts, bushing and a few other things - those are a given but, I don't want to wait 2 years and 5 grand and then get denied and standing with a canceled policy. Oh the misery!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
As a general rule, anything that circumvents the manufacturers safeguards for something self destructing voids the warranty. More power not only pushes the drivetrain harder, it pushes everything connected to the drivetrain...mounts, flex disks, differential, half shafts, bearings...harder as well.

A tune can get picked up by MB diagnostic, because the ECU not only stores the current tuning map,(which could be reloaded as OEM before taking the car for service) but also keeps track of how many times the ECU has ever been flashed. The magic number is zero, unless MB themselves flashed it, which would show up in the internal VIM report.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Torn now...just torn. I know I'll have to inevitably take care of the mounts, bushing and a few other things - those are a given but, I don't want to wait 2 years and 5 grand and then get denied and standing with a canceled policy. Oh the misery!
Curious if worried about the coverage of the engine mounts due to your mods as they are covered under this warranty.

Was quoted $4,610 for 3 years 30,000 miles for my '08 CL65. Will take a copy to my SA to get more feedback. Not sure if I can get the Wrap coverage (navigation) as it appears it's an option for new vehicles only. Just replaced the Command unit 6-7 months ago.......ouch!!!

Last edited by xabo; 01-13-2016 at 09:51 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CARCHEX extended warranty??? AND can we have an OFFICIAL extended warranty thread?