S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Facelift mirror's from (Chris the Sweden). *warning*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
s550 4matic Key To The Cure Edition, Can-Am Spyder RSS
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
Thanx man...

But...Well this is better than a replica though...Where do you think they make the OEM mirrors? Germany? NOT...There is NOTHING wrong with them in my opinion since the OEMs reacted the exact same way as these. So there is something else to be solved.

I hear ya.. I really hope everything works out for all parties involved.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S 65

Have you all tried this manover?
Yes, I have tried it, and tried it, and tried it. Results the same every time. When you push button 2 again the mirror adjusts all the way up and stays there until you move it back.

Has anyone other than Chris had any luck getting this to work? If so, please advise.

Tony
Old 07-16-2012, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GL conversion
Fellas no luck yet , brought car to dealer on Saturday but service manager was there , gonba try this weekend again,
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by tonykharper
Yes, I have tried it, and tried it, and tried it. Results the same every time. When you push button 2 again the mirror adjusts all the way up and stays there until you move it back.

Has anyone other than Chris had any luck getting this to work? If so, please advise.

Tony
That is SO strange...Checked the conectors yet?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 PM

2007 S 65
That is SO strange...Checked the conectors yet?
Chris,

I'm not going to try to rewire the connectors. If they aren't correct, it is beyond my skills to correct them. The manufacturer should have quality controlled them before they were shipped to customers.

The last thing I need to do is move some wires and burn up the car.

If the connectors are wired wrong, I would expect you to stand behind them, and send correct ones. You can't expect everyone to become an automotive electrician.

Tony
The following users liked this post:
Keagan-Z06 (02-21-2023)
Old 07-16-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
If I may ask, can one of you tell me if the memory setting works on regular memory and not reverse?
Set a position of mirror, store, move mirror, recal.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 PM

2007 S 65
Originally Posted by malahhaor
If I may ask, can one of you tell me if the memory setting works on regular memory and not reverse?
Set a position of mirror, store, move mirror, recal.
What you describe is the way the originals work, but not the aftermarket mirrors. The memory does not work at all. When you put the car in reverse the mirror goes all the way up and stays there. You can then adjust it down where it needs to be and it will stay there until you engage reverse again.

Setting the memory for different positions is the same. The setting will not save and repeat when hitting the memory number buttons. The only way to use the car is to go into command and turn off the feature so the mirrors stay where you put them. We are now three months into this and still no joy.

Tony
Old 07-17-2012, 12:55 AM

toyota sienna, S550, Subaru Outback
What you describe is the way the originals work, but not the aftermarket mirrors. The memory does not work at all. When you put the car in reverse the mirror goes all the way up and stays there. You can then adjust it down where it needs to be and it will stay there until you engage reverse again.

Setting the memory for different positions is the same. The setting will not save and repeat when hitting the memory number buttons. The only way to use the car is to go into command and turn off the feature so the mirrors stay where you put them. We are now three months into this and still no joy.

Tony
Let ask, so every time you put the car into reverse you have to readjust the mirrors?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
hope you all got this fixed by now. if not, the only recourse may be filing a dispute with your credit card company.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
i didn't get these mirrors and i am not trying to go into who's right and wrong here.

just from a technical point of view, are there any members who upgraded their 07-09 to FACTORY OEM 2010+ mirror covers and mirrors, and if it's fully plug and play and all features (memory, tilt down in R, etc...) work like that?

while chances are there, with replicas they usually just copy everything down to the wire, so i wonder if 07-09 and 2010+ have different wiring.

again, just brainstorming here trying to help
Old 07-17-2012, 03:38 AM

BMW
That's too bad when you think you have a good inside person who not only has one of our cars and sells the parts that you think you can trust and then this happens. Hopefully it all works out for you and everyone else who got them.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
MY GOD!!!!Now I am actually getting pissed!!!!!!!!!!! Do you even read what i say? Do you even care or is this just a bashing thread. LAST TIME i help mebers HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ WHAT I WRITE!!!!

OK..I SAY THIS AGAIN! I BOUGHT OEM FOR MY CAR. SINCE THESE WHERE NOT RELEASED THEN. SAME PROBLEM ON THEM....!!!!So what I did is move the parts from a aftermarket mirror and fiddle with the buttons for som time and suddenly it worked. WHY DO YOU NOT BELIEVE ME? Because I have a company? When I am here and posting here it is a private person and NOT a company with the same passion for the W221 as you.

Tony...To moce a conector is the easiest thing you can do..All you need is a needle and take out the conector and place it in the right place. You can always put it back to where it where. And to say that you would BURN UP the car is SO CHILDISH! You all have SUPER NICE mirros just like OEM you just REFUSE to believe me...I HAVE THE SAME and it works. I think it has to be some kind of reset that has to be done. Or programing. On my left side the OEM works perfectly for example. It is only the right side that had the same problems. These mirrors are installed in many different versions OEM so some kind of programming must be able to be done. I realy try to help but you just diss me and wont work with me. You really think I lie all the time and make up things and you think all will be fine if you just get OEMs since I must lie about that as well.

So my final question IS!!!!! Do you want my help to try and fix them or NOT?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by Beverly393
That's too bad when you think you have a good inside person who not only has one of our cars and sells the parts that you think you can trust and then this happens. Hopefully it all works out for you and everyone else who got them.
What do you base that on???????? READ WHAT I SAY!!! If there is anyone here who though he had a good inside person it is me!!! AS I WROTE I have done this on many MB models with NO problem and I had no problem FIRST with my OEMs I though until I much later tried the reverse option so I though AND was told these where perfectly made and promised they worked like a charm. They had sold hundereds before with NO problem. Would you not trust that and forward that info?

AND I have sold about 15 sets of these and about 2-3 complain...Not a big surprice...There can always be trouble.. Or is all your cars running without problems? Comon..
Old 07-17-2012, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
So stop this bashing...I am still here trying to help and sort this out...I am now waiting for one member to check the conectors to make sure it is not them that is wrong.

So dont bash until a person say they dont care any more and leave you hangnig with something that dont work...That is not what I do....But it starts to be temting with all this **** ....

First of all...

I told you it was aftermarket.
I told you what my suplier told me and promised me.
They said it had ALL features. No problems att all for hundreds of units sold lately.
When we all got them it showed for some of you it didnt have the dimm glass.
I search and search and found you OEM dimm glass for a bargain. (Again)
I got them shipped to you straight from the factory to save on doubble shipping.
Some of You told me there where issues with memory and reverse.
I started to work on that and took my own car appart and tested and tested and made mine work...SO THEY do work. We just have to figure out what makes them work.

So that is where we are now. If it is not the coectors we will try something wlse but one thing at a time.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
chris, if you think yelling and cursing at people is going to help anything, it's probably not. i made it very clear in my post i have nothing to gain or lose in this thread, i am just trying to help. and let's face it, english probably isn't our first language, and at least to me sometimes i find it hard to fully understand what you are trying to say and have to read several times and guess.

it could be some kind of reset problem or so, like you stated, but it's still guesses so far. i am honestly confused, but if you actually changed some of the pins / wires on any of the connectors, maybe both sides can share the information. for example you take a picture of your harnesses and all the wires / locations, and someone here in the US posts about theirs, that's easy enough to compare. after that then it's matter of programming and how to "reset" it (if at all).

but what do i know? this is probably the last time i step foot in this thread. unbelievable, all i am trying to do here is help both sides, and i am getting yelled at.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Well then you know how I feel that just tries to help and also get bad comments all the time...As I said..We must first see if it is the stift in the conector. If not we have to check other options. The most importent here is to get mirrors to work...

So please leave all else behind and lets focus on a solution instead...
Old 07-17-2012, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
OK...phatisfy have checked the conectors...They where OK. So lets see what the MB dealer says about reset or programming before we do next step! OK?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Super Salami
Originally Posted by Beverly393

STOP THE PRESSES... Is it me, or are these posts identical?? I smell a conspiracy brewing....

Chris, I think some people are just trying to screw with you at this point... I commend you for sticking in here & trying to help.

PEOPLE, You Purchased an electrical replica part for a 2010-2012 w221; and installed it onto a 2007-2009 w221 & expected it to be Plug & Play. His works, yours does not. He’s trying to help figure out why & getting kicked, punched & dragged through the mud the whole way through… He did not build these things.. He received his from the same place you received yours.. It seems like some of you are not even looking for help at this point; Just a punching bag..

Originally Posted by rominl
....this is probably the last time i step foot in this thread. unbelievable, all i am trying to do here is help both sides, and i am getting yelled at.
Who was yelling at him?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:07 PM

2007 S 65
Originally Posted by ramos226

STOP THE PRESSES... Is it me, or are these posts identical?? I smell a conspiracy brewing....

Chris, I think some people are just trying to screw with you at this point... I commend you for sticking in here & trying to help.

PEOPLE, You Purchased an electrical replica part for a 2010-2012 w221; and installed it onto a 2007-2009 w221 & expected it to be Plug & Play. His works, yours does not. He’s trying to help figure out why & getting kicked, punched & dragged through the mud the whole way through… He did not build these things.. He received his from the same place you received yours.. It seems like some of you are not even looking for help at this point; Just a punching bag..

Who was yelling at him?
ramos

Obviously you have no clue as to what has went on.

Chris's mirrors are OEM, the ones he sold us were not.

He claimed they worked with the 2007-2009 W221s. He has said as much in this thread.

You may want to read a little before you make comment on things you know nothing about.

If you were out a grand, and had parts that don't work you may have a different point of view.

Hopefully, Chris will come up with a fix. But at this point I believe it will take replacement parts to make these things work.

When I first received mine, one of the signal lights didn't work. After doing everything under the sun it still did not work. But when Chris finally sent me a new light, installed it, and it worked. I think that is what we need now. I've had these mirrors over two months and at some point soon I would like them to work.

If anyone has working aftermarket mirrors please let us know what you did we aren't doing.

Tony
Old 07-17-2012, 10:01 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
I can't believe what I'm reading we bought mirrors that do not work but we are bashing, no dude we are upset that's all, we all put a lot into our cars and we're just upset is that not understandable, this isn't a boxing ring and we got peanut gallery rooting for us or him, again we are upset
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 AM

Obviously you have no clue as to what has went on.

Chris's mirrors are OEM, the ones he sold us were not.
Oh..... You're right... I didn't realize that... I thought he also had the replica's installed... In that case, I completely understand why you guys are so angry...

Originally Posted by JT.S550
I can't believe what I'm reading we bought mirrors that do not work but we are bashing, no dude we are upset that's all, we all put a lot into our cars and we're just upset is that not understandable, this isn't a boxing ring and we got peanut gallery rooting for us or him, again we are upset
Very understandable... There's no rooting on my part... If I were, I'd be rooting for you guys to identify an easy fix for your mirrors to work as expected. You have to admit though... This thread HAS been a bit of a boxing ring... But again, I understand why now...
Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
You still dont understand here. I said it so many times. Yes I have OEM and they DID NOT work eighter. Can this be the LAST time I say this? I NOW also have the after market motor in my OEM housing to make it work as well.

PLEASE let me know how the programing or reseting goes. If that dont work I go further with this. It is hard for me to put pressure on my suplier as well since mine do work but I sure will try.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Cool.

I have to contact them directly my self. Do you have a email adress to her you can PM me?

My suplier wont be happy though...

The letter dont show though.

Last edited by Chris The Swede; 07-18-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by Philip396
They came directly from China, the name was on the box I got in touch with them because I wanted my mirrors fixed they said I have to go through who I bought them from, at the same time she offered me mirrors to buy , here's her letter
You bought them from me???
Old 07-18-2012, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
I have now spoken to trustible technicians at Mercedes Germany and NO reset or programming should be needed. Phatsify are right now checking how much a new mirror motor cost in the US so hang in there for this report and we see what we do..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Facelift mirror's from (Chris the Sweden). *warning*