S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Facelift mirror's from (Chris the Sweden). *warning*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
Thumbs up Facelift mirror's from (Chris the Swede). *FIXED & working 100% now!*

Ok. So I'm sure most of you guys know who he is on this forum? Well, he seem like a good guy when he was trying to sell the replica facelift mirror to a lot of us with the W221. After multiple emails back and forth with my concern with the mirror working 100% properly before I made purchase. He stated he 'trusted' his supplier 100%. And that gave me a solid trust. So that's when I placed in the order. Shipment took longer than he had promised, but arrived soon after. This is when I made a mistake to not test it out before I had the mirrors painted! Well later I found out that not all the funtions work as stated in all his emails and his F/S thread. I then contacted him and he said his supplier said there's 2 version? I thought you trusted your supplier 100%? So he asked for some time to help figure out what might be the problem. So I waited and he later said the wired may be wrong. But when I asked if he could confirm it. He couldn't. Basically he wanted me to try it on my mirror and thats not going to happen if he could't confirm that. After a month later waiting for him to help with the problem he then tells me and other members who bought the same mirrors from him to just 'randomly ' press all these buttons because he said it worked on his car after he did that. LOL. I then received many emails from other members with his mirrors claiming they have the same problems. But Chris on the other hand tells me only some people is having issues with it? So can all of you members who bought these mirrors from him please come forward and varify this. At this point. I really don't want anymore members get screwed over with these mirrors Chris is selling. I've had it with this guy and I think this should come to an end with this guy selling mirrors that don't even funtion 100% correctly as stated! Again, can everyone please come forward if you bought the facelift mirrors from Chris, and is having issues with it.

Last edited by phatisfy; 09-03-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Designo S550, R32 Nissan Skyline
That's too bad when you think you have a good inside person who not only has one of our cars and sells the parts that you think you can trust and then this happens. Hopefully it all works out for you and everyone else who got them.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
THAT WAS NOT A NICE POST! NO PROBLEM!!! MINE WORK AND SO WILL YOURS! I TOLD YOU several times I have to take apart my car to test the conctors. And it might even be a simple STAR programing to make them work. REMEBER that my OEM mirrors DID NOT WORK EIGHTER!!! SO it has nothing to do with "MY" "BAD" mirros to do. They are just fine. I have been SWAMPED with after my short 5 day vacation....1000s of mails...YOU CAN NOT BE MORE WRONG about me!!!!I am the best inside person you can get....!!!!!! THAT HURT ALOT!!!!!!!! I also gave you SUPER price on them as a favor to members...I will NOT have time tomorrow to look at it but sure will on Thursday since this seems to be such a big issue. All that dont work is the reverse dipping and the memory. Just the same as on mine that I got to wotk eventually so we will solve this. And a post like this will not do any good or make me do it faster. I just do it as fast as I can....You are not my only customer...I have to take things in the right order ..

Last edited by Chris The Swede; 07-10-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:25 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
Well Phatisfy I must agree with you 100%, I too purchased the mirrors from Chris and painted them before testing them because I too believed they would work just fine, I have to say everything you have gone through I have gone through as well and I have tried his fix on pressing multiple buttons and still nothing working, I have taken my car to Mercedes thinking maybe I can reprogram it and they gave me a look like I was nuts but said there is no re-programming, so it's been one month and half and I'm waiting for a fix, what sucks is I'm probably gonna go for more money to bring them to a car electrician or just put my old ones back on, Chris I'm sure your going to read this and we are just car buffs like you that want something working properly what we paid for so it's a little frustrating every time you get in car and have to adjust and adjust and adjust the mirror, oh well you live and learn
Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
OK..Intresting...Well MB dealers OFTEn dont know what that say eighter...I have proof of that MANY times...They dont even have developer mode on Star. The rest of the answers I think you find in my post. I have the exact same mirror on my car and I made it work so IT IS possible...I can show you a Video if you think I do lying here and do well by doing that...ALL I DO is try to help you guys out to get good stuff cheaper than most ask for it. OEMs are like 300% more expensive and had the same problem so.....Let me check on Thursday and get back to you.

I have NEVER left anyone stranded before and dont attemt to do that this time eighter...

Last edited by Chris The Swede; 07-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
Hold on,, you try to help us out yes but you are the one with the business not us these mirrors came from Judy from China and I already know the price all we want is mirrors working properly that you said would , you say yours is working fine then I tell you what send me yours I'll pay for the repaint and I'll send you back mine, Chris it's your business and all we want is what we paid for and if you were the customer you would want the same
Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S-class
I too know how much these mirrors go for. I mean I don't mind paying for what I paid for. But only if it did worked 100% as stated? I understand a business man need to make some sort of profite, but also need to stand behind your words? Keyword in business is 'Trust'.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Judy WHO???? You dont know what i pay. You dont know who I buy them from.You got it shipped straight from the factory. I dont order int straight from the factory. I have a seller in between .You dont dont do "LOL" on me when I try to help...

I will NEED your help to to make it work...IF I knew exactly what I did to make mine work I would have told you exactly...I fiddeled with the buttons back and forth and suddenly it worked. This means I have no clue exactly what way and order I did the fiddeling.

I try to explain a bit on what I know of these mirrors.

I have done ALOT of facelift mirror swaps on all different MB models and NEVER had a problem. So when my suplier says the factory have sold hundreds of these with NO problem I sure trust them...

As I said I first bought OEM mirrors to my car since these where not avidible at that time. All worked on them as I though since I DONT use the reverse dipping feature I didnt even think of it. Then when I tried it it sure didnt work like it should. But then I had already shipped some of yours and yes you had the same problem. W221 is the first car I ever had any problems with swapping mirrors. So I started to fiddle with the OEM mirror on the passenger side and this only resulted in that the OEM motor suddenly started to act like the motor you have. Si I took one of "your" motors and fitted it the mirror and after some fiddeling it started to work perfectly to my surprice.

The memory function sits in the small mirror motor. Mirrors without memory have a totally different motor with only 3 conectors. So all these are for memory that we have. They use different motors for left and right so they are programmed differently. I tried to switch. Sure didnt work...

So first of all you have to help me trying the fiddeling.
Then you have to check the conectors after I looked in to it on mine that work.
If this dont work we go further.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
They came directly from China, the name was on the box I got in touch with them because I wanted my mirrors fixed they said I have to go through who I bought them from, at the same time she offered me mirrors to buy , here's her letter

Dear John,
Thank you* a lot for inquiry and after deposit please inform me to make the delivery for S350 W221 mirrors .
280 us dollar for mirror and*145 us dollar for shipping by DHL to*United States*,totally*425 us dollar should be paid.
Best wishes,
Judy Lee

So I don't care about price u just want the fix
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Wow..I think I have to contact them directly my self then...That was SUPER cheap.You see on my site what I have to charge normally to make a profit on them...

Haha...Yeah S350. My contact said they say the mirrors ONLY fit S350. No other moidel. That says how much they know...ALL W221 have the same mirros and they actually think S350 is the modell number. Not W221.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
I still don't know what's so funny, we got mirrors that you sold that don't work, so is the HAHA the fact that we got screwed, bottom line give us the fix or just tell us we're screwed and we can move on, I'm not making this up , box came from China or your supplier as you say so do something about it , it's been well over a month and half and I paid extra for the auto dimming mirror which I still haven't gotten, but HaHa that's my fault too,
Old 07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
That was just wierd....Did you totally missunderstand me here? I was laughing at the chineese factory but it was you that laughed at me when trying to help. With that rudness I might just IGNORE helping you in this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just return the mirrors. I will NOT help you getting facelift mirrors on your car.

Last edited by Chris The Swede; 07-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
phatisfy: I will NOT answer to this thread anymore so you will get the help on PM instead from now on.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 S550
Dat a boy Chris.. Haha don't take no *****
Old 07-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
Look at the replies I never laughed, listen I don't know about ur son and I'm sorry for what happened, the mirrors don't dipp in reverse or hold memories at all, and 810 dollars won't kill me you wanna welch dats cool say so, you don't wanna send me the mirror glass I paid you extra for that's cool too, do you made couple hundred dollars big deal, so yea Chris don't take no s**t, you go big boyyyy
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S-class
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
phatisfy: I will NOT answer to this thread anymore so you will get the help on PM instead from now on.
Ok, I'll be waiting to hear back from you.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S 65
Unhappy customer Too!

Well I guess it is time for me to weigh in.

I too bought these mirrors and no mine don't work either. When first installed the memory, dipping, and even the signal light wouldn't work. After complaining and waiting a couple of weeks I was able to get a replacement for the signal light. But I'm still stuck with the memory, and dipping problems.

I asked to return the mirrors for a refund and was told "no can do". Can't return any item that has been painted. Even though it never worked correctly.

I guess live and learn. The internet strikes again!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
I tell you what, tomorrow my car will be taken to the dealer where it will be checked out and I can only promise that if this gets fixed I will let you guys know exactly what was done, so wish me luck
Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Mercedes GL conversion
I have a guy in dealership that printed out the wiring diagram, but first he said he's gonna flash the module then move on to the wiring
Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S 65
Originally Posted by JT.S550
I have a guy in dealership that printed out the wiring diagram, but first he said he's gonna flash the module then move on to the wiring

Good luck! Please let us know what you find. I'm ready to put my old mirrors back on and throw these junkers away.

Tony
Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S-class
Originally Posted by JT.S550
Please let us know?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by tonykharper
Good luck! Please let us know what you find. I'm ready to put my old mirrors back on and throw these junkers away.

Tony
That is a funny thing to say! The OEMs on my car didnt work OK eighter..Are they also "junkers" then ? And why dont you believe me when I say I WILL MAKE them work for you. MINE DO! I just gave the wire diagram to phatsify to check it. Very easy thing to check. If this dont work I will replace the motors for you with OEM motors and you will se how that work and so on. But it has to be done in that order. If I was overseas and shipping was not a killer you could have just sent them to me and I could work on them my self to help you.

This will work in the end. Hope flashing works. I didnt have to on mine but you never know.

I sent the diagram on PM to you Tony as well.

We will work this out....I NEVER intended anything else and I have NOT let anyone down so far and dont plan to. Just have ALOT to do and other things also happening in my life than this.

Last edited by Chris The Swede; 07-14-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350

Have you all tried this manover?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
s550 4matic Key To The Cure Edition, Can-Am Spyder RSS
I'll probably get some lip for this, but I can't help but post anyway..

As an outsider, I really hope you guys get your mirrors working. It would definitely kill me to have ANYthing not work 100% on my car.

Feels like this guy Chris is getting a bad wrap though. If you think about it, What did he do? Sounds like he’s only guilty for not stopping everything, to do EXACTLY what you each want him to do. Can’t imagine being in sales & having to try to make everyone happy... I personally think the customer is NOT always right, & are actually wrong about 80% of the time.

I mean seriously… Your buying replica/aftermarket *****, most likely made in a small sweat shop in India, then probably sent to China to be assembled by a 9yo who makes a nickel a week. You have to take some accountability, if not FULL accountability for not making sure things worked before having them painted & mounted. Sounds like you guys are projecting your anger & frustration at the wrong person. You need to light your torches & go after this “Judy Lee” chick, from China. She’s the one you should be mad at, (if anyone at all)..

It’s like buying a replica Rolex from ebay, wearing it for a month, then realizing it’s missing the hour marker…
The following users liked this post:
vanwiek (11-03-2017)
Old 07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Thanx man...

But...Well this is better than a replica though...Where do you think they make the OEM mirrors? Germany? NOT...There is NOTHING wrong with them in my opinion since the OEMs reacted the exact same way as these. So there is something else to be solved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Facelift mirror's from (Chris the Sweden). *warning*