S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Can we talk exhaust options? Please chime in and post your exhaust pictures!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2008 S63
Lightbulb Can we talk exhaust options? Please chime in and post your exhaust pictures!

So I'm about to purchase a full facelift kit for my 2007 s550. Although I am pleased to have the quad exhaust tips, I am also looking into changing the exhaust tone. I have heard of some guys only doing a resonator delete and achieving a nice deep growl without sounding too crazy. I here there is a company called HE'ART motors that does a resonator "on and off" switch to change the tone whenever you want. I know Becker has a mid axle kit that goes for about $700.

My question is if anyone has installed any aftermarket exhaust or maybe removed the resonator to their s550 if hopes of achieving a similar exhaust note to the s63/s65?

Also does anyone have any advice one getting the exhaust tips welded on correctly? I have seen some of the hack jobs on some s550 exhaust tips and it looks so corny when they are not welded on in the correct position. I can already see the local muffler guys telling me some BS and not welding them on correctly. Any one know of a good reputable exhaust place to install my kit here in Chicago or near?

Please do not say Velasquez & Sons. Horrible shoddy work done there by miserable employees only looking forward to there lunch break.

Last edited by Zerocarpileup; 08-25-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
I deleted middle mufflers and resonator but the change in exhaust sound was minimal. A bit weird as found a few videos from Youtube on S500/S550 with muffler delete and sound was completely different. Any ideas?
Old 08-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2008 S63
Interesting. I just watched some of the videos and I noticed mostly the s63 had a noticeable difference in tone with the resonator delete. Possibly the s550 doesn't come with enough of a sound footprint to begin with to benefit from a res delete.