S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

W221 car software updating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 760 Likes on 644 Posts
S500
W221 car software updating

Car software updating I put a version of this in konigstiger recall thread (but no one has looked yet) and I'm after a quick response.

On other things like Sat Nav firmware updates and Aux volume adjustment etc. Can you go to Merc and just ask for all the cars software to be upgraded in one go?

Do dealers like to do this, if so what's a reasonable charge for X hours work ?

If you wish to retrospectively add toys e.g. a reversing camera option 218, does this break Dealers ability to carry out software upgrades in the future (in BMW speak vehicle integration update). Or does the Star system work better?

On any BMW, any owner added options throws the BM system in a tail spin when trying to update vehicle software and it goes wrong. Because the dealer will NOT add any BMW spec option codes (other than very expensive one's a dealer fitted) to the vehicle order to resolve, they just give up and tell you to go away.

So on a BMW its very important to get an old car fully updated before adding any retrofit options. Is it the same with Mercedes Benz?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 760 Likes on 644 Posts
S500
I've thought of more questions 2007 to 2009 NTG3

1) does the car have any form of SDVC? (I can't find how to adjust the volume for this setting... )

2) also different sources have massive differences in volume. Any form of adjustment ? (TV is quiet go back to radio and get ears blasted)

3) watching TV on Sunday, I missed start of F1 race as a radio Traffic report cut in and I didn't find a way to cancel it. It it possible?

4) sat nav no time of arrival or clock displayed (this one pretty sure did get an update but looks like this car hasn't had it yet)

5) its supposed to have Tyre pressure indication option 475 (TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR (TPM) HIGH LINE/MID LINE) I can't see this anywhere?

6) distronic plus beam too wide and reacts to vehicles in other lanes a bit too much, and a bit jerky in traffic (as it accelerates too hard for dense traffic and reacts quite late),

All above I can see should have been upgraded with vehicle integration update. Could anyone help out and say if they ever did it or where a fool like me goes to look for it in the comand system please?

Last edited by BOTUS; 08-26-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Bens S550 AMG W221
Hello there guys,

Basically, I have black on black 2008 S550 W221, and I wanted to update and tune it up to make it look as nice as possible.
These are the list of the parts (interior and exterior) that I need to put on the car:

1: front headlights (2010)
2: backlights (2010)
3: mirrors (2010)
4: 65 amg front and rear bumpers
5: grille (2010) mate black
6: 65 amg exhaust tips
7: AMG stainless steel black dotted pedals
8: AMG floor mats
9: Stil LED panels (either AMG or Mercedes-Benz letters)
10: engine start package
11: night vision package
12: wooden cell phone cover (dark brown)
13: Mercedes headphones x2
14: rear doors curtains package x2

I have original 65 amg rims, the seats came with full control package (ventilation, heating and massage both rear and front), it has mini fridge and all the other interior packages except the ones mentioned above.

I would highly appreciate to hear your suggestions about from where I could get them all at once? I found some parts from the above list on one source and the rest from others. I thought it would be better to get them from one source.

Also I live in Tbilisi, Georgia Eastern Europe and it will all have to be shipped from somewhere.