S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Easy Entry/Exit Feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
Easy Entry/Exit Feature

So I have it on but how does it work??
Old 08-28-2014, 11:38 PM

w221 s350
You can turn this feature on by COMMAND > Vehicle > Easy-entry/exit feature > Off | Steering Column | Steering Column and Seat

When you turn off the ignition, the steering moves up and seat backwards for easy exit. Once you get back in and turn the ignition on, the steering+seat return to previous position. I think your car should have seat memory option for this to work?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:09 AM

none
Yes it does have memory seats. However the Command only has two options for the feature, OFF, and Steering Column and Seat. When I unlock the car it is in my seat seating arrangement stored in Memory button 1. When I start it up it does not do anything, but I remember it used to come forward. My steering wheel is all the way up and the seat is not all the way back while driving.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:20 AM

w221 s350
Originally Posted by MBZSW221
Yes it does have memory seats. However the Command only has two options for the feature, OFF, and Steering Column and Seat. When I unlock the car it is in my seat seating arrangement stored in Memory button 1. When I start it up it does not do anything, but I remember it used to come forward. My steering wheel is all the way up and the seat is not all the way back while driving.
Can you keep your steering wheel a bit lower while driving and check if it goes all the way up during exit and returns to previous position when you get back? The seat movement may depend on some factors, but steering column should always go all the way up. If steering doesn't move you can be sure that easy entry/exit is not working as it should.

Also having just those two options "Off and Steering + Seat" is also unusual. From what I remember, you either get all three options or you get "Off and Steering" if you don't have memory option.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM

none
Now I lowered the column a bit and I recorded it on Memory 1. Now when I want to adjust the column manually, it does not move up or down when the car is off. I moved it down when it was off and then recorded it on Memory 1. But then when I tried to get it up it did not. I do hear a click from the button though.