S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Specs of my potential new W221 S350, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 E300 4Matic
Specs of my potential new W221 S350, what do you think?

I was about to get a 2013 E63 as per my prior post yet the inability to get extended warranty here made me quite hesitant. On the other hand, my dealer told me about another car that my suite my needs with 3 years extendable warranty and free service for 5 years!

Here are the specs:

775 IRIDIUM SILVER METALLIC
274 LEATHER CHESTNUT BROWN/BLACK
1U1 SAFETY VALVE FOR CHARCOAL FILTER
B08 FANFARES FOR ASIA
K11 ADAPTIVE BRAKE LIGHTS
B12 VEHICLE TOOL KIT
K15 SERVICE INTERVAL, 15,000 KM
218 REVERSING CAMERA
223 REAR BACKREST & HEADREST ELEC.ADJUSTABLE
230 PARKTRONIC WITH PARKING GUIDANCE
236 SPECIAL LIGHT SWITCH - DIM-DIP-LIGHT
2U3 DIAMLERAG INTERNAL CODE
249 AUTOMATIC ANTI-DAZZLE REAR VIEW MIRROR
275 MEMORY PACKAGE
289 WOOD/LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
297 SIDE BLINDS IN REAR DOORS-ELECTRIC
301 SMOKERS PACKAGE
310 CUPHOLDERS IN FRONT
386 CONVENIENCE TELEPHONY (ONLY W/ 527 OR 512)
413 PANORAMIC GLASS SUNROOF
U26 VELOUR FLOOR MATS IN INTERIOR CLR W/AMG LETTERING
427 7-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, 7G-TRONIC
436 COMFORT HEADRESTS DRIVER/PASS.
477 TYRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNING SYSTEM
481 UNDERBODY PROTECTION
51U ROOF LINER FABRIC BLACK
518 MEDIA INTERFACE
521 COMMAND APS WITH NAVIGATION
538 ATTENTION ASSIST
540 REAR ELECTRIC ROLLER BLIND
573 ISOFIX CHILD SEAT ANCHORING SYSTEM, REAR
581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
600 HEADLAMP CLEANING SYSTEM
608 ADAPTIVE HIGH BEAM ASSIST
622 INTELLIGENT LIGHT SYSTEM
623 GULF STATES VERSION
668 FREIGHT PACKAGING
669 SPARE WHEEL
682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER INSTALLED
687 TYPE PLATE WITH MODEL YEAR
P17 KEYLESS-GO PACKAGE
P35 LIGHT PACKAGE WITH BI-XENON & ILS
736 ASH BLACK
P44 PARKING PACKAGE
P46 REAR-SEAT ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE
771 20" AMG TWIN-SPOKE DESIGN LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
772 AMG-STYLING PACKAGE
803 MODEL YEAR 2013
R01 SUMMER TYRES

I took it for a good test drive last night which was nice yet it is a bummer to miss that E63 engine throttle and exhaust sound but the luxury and extra cabin space makes the difference IMO .

The car has a little more than 10,000+ KM (6250+ miles) on the odometer and they are asking for $76,800, do you think it is a reasonable price? Also can you explain to me what is 386 & 668?
Old 10-17-2014, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by HZ1YR
I was about to get a 2013 E63 as per my prior post yet the inability to get extended warranty here made me quite hesitant. On the other hand, my dealer told me about another car that my suite my needs with 3 years extendable warranty and free service for 5 years!

Here are the specs:

775 IRIDIUM SILVER METALLIC
274 LEATHER CHESTNUT BROWN/BLACK
1U1 SAFETY VALVE FOR CHARCOAL FILTER
B08 FANFARES FOR ASIA
K11 ADAPTIVE BRAKE LIGHTS
B12 VEHICLE TOOL KIT
K15 SERVICE INTERVAL, 15,000 KM
218 REVERSING CAMERA
223 REAR BACKREST & HEADREST ELEC.ADJUSTABLE
230 PARKTRONIC WITH PARKING GUIDANCE
236 SPECIAL LIGHT SWITCH - DIM-DIP-LIGHT
2U3 DIAMLERAG INTERNAL CODE
249 AUTOMATIC ANTI-DAZZLE REAR VIEW MIRROR
275 MEMORY PACKAGE
289 WOOD/LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
297 SIDE BLINDS IN REAR DOORS-ELECTRIC
301 SMOKERS PACKAGE
310 CUPHOLDERS IN FRONT
386 CONVENIENCE TELEPHONY (ONLY W/ 527 OR 512)
413 PANORAMIC GLASS SUNROOF
U26 VELOUR FLOOR MATS IN INTERIOR CLR W/AMG LETTERING
427 7-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, 7G-TRONIC
436 COMFORT HEADRESTS DRIVER/PASS.
477 TYRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNING SYSTEM
481 UNDERBODY PROTECTION
51U ROOF LINER FABRIC BLACK
518 MEDIA INTERFACE
521 COMMAND APS WITH NAVIGATION
538 ATTENTION ASSIST
540 REAR ELECTRIC ROLLER BLIND
573 ISOFIX CHILD SEAT ANCHORING SYSTEM, REAR
581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
600 HEADLAMP CLEANING SYSTEM
608 ADAPTIVE HIGH BEAM ASSIST
622 INTELLIGENT LIGHT SYSTEM
623 GULF STATES VERSION
668 FREIGHT PACKAGING
669 SPARE WHEEL
682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER INSTALLED
687 TYPE PLATE WITH MODEL YEAR
P17 KEYLESS-GO PACKAGE
P35 LIGHT PACKAGE WITH BI-XENON & ILS
736 ASH BLACK
P44 PARKING PACKAGE
P46 REAR-SEAT ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE
771 20" AMG TWIN-SPOKE DESIGN LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
772 AMG-STYLING PACKAGE
803 MODEL YEAR 2013
R01 SUMMER TYRES

I took it for a good test drive last night which was nice yet it is a bummer to miss that E63 engine throttle and exhaust sound but the luxury and extra cabin space makes the difference IMO .

The car has a little more than 10,000+ KM (6250+ miles) on the odometer and they are asking for $76,800, do you think it is a reasonable price? Also can you explain to me what is 386 & 668?
No Distronic plus, no Splitview, no Nightview, but has PANO, Rear Entertainment, hmmm, I think they can do better on the price. It is still under factory warranty and then they are giving you 1 year CPO warranty, and then asking you to buy 2 more years?
Old 10-17-2014, 03:47 PM

2017 E300 4Matic
Thanks for your reply but can you explain to me what is CPO warranty? They didn't ask me to buy any extra warranty
Old 10-17-2014, 07:29 PM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Thanks for your reply but can you explain to me what is CPO warranty? They didn't ask me to buy any extra warranty
I doubt anyone on this forum can answer this for you based on your country. In the US, CPO means certified pre-owned and is offered on vehicles resold by dealers that pass an extensive inspection. This warranty is typically one year but it is NOT as extensive as the original factory warranty. You need to ask your local dealer for a written statement of what is covered by the warranty.

All vehicles sold in the US have a four year warranty that covers almost everything except for the tires and is transferable to subsequent owners. The CPO warranty would only apply to vehicles with less than a year left on the original factory warranty or to vehicles that exceed the mileage limit for the factory warranty.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
386 is basically bluetooth, you insert your phone into the module and receive calls while charging your phone

668 Says it's packaging for transport, not sure what for
Old 10-17-2014, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S350 BT 4MATIC
Here it is for oman, may be similar in your locale.

http://oman.pe-mb.com/
Old 10-17-2014, 11:01 PM

2014 E350
Unless you are buying from Al-Juffali (the MB agent for Saudi Arabia), I would be VERY hesitant about purchasing a car in Jeddah with an "extended warranty. To be honest, with the roads in Jeddah, I would be a bit hesitant to purchase a MB sedan. As you know, pot holes (a hole is an understatement) are everywhere - unless you are prepared to have your wheels aligned every 5000 kilos or so and replace wheels every 20,000 kilos or so, I'd steer away from a sedan. Instead, I'd recommend something a bit more substantial like a late model or new MB SUV, or even a fully-optioned out Land Cruiser. I've driven too many cars in Jeddah (BMW, MB, Jag) that make me absolutely wince when I hit a hole on a major thoroughfare.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:19 AM

2017 E300 4Matic
Originally Posted by steveb9771
I doubt anyone on this forum can answer this for you based on your country. In the US, CPO means certified pre-owned and is offered on vehicles resold by dealers that pass an extensive inspection. This warranty is typically one year but it is NOT as extensive as the original factory warranty. You need to ask your local dealer for a written statement of what is covered by the warranty.

All vehicles sold in the US have a four year warranty that covers almost everything except for the tires and is transferable to subsequent owners. The CPO warranty would only apply to vehicles with less than a year left on the original factory warranty or to vehicles that exceed the mileage limit for the factory warranty.
Thanks Steveb9771, I understand that now and the vehicle's original warranty will end in 2016. It is in fact a certified pre-owned from MB's dealer.

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
386 is basically bluetooth, you insert your phone into the module and receive calls while charging your phone
Thanks

Originally Posted by Nuru
Here it is for oman, may be similar in your locale.

http://oman.pe-mb.com/
It is very similar, indeed.
Here is our dealer's in Saudi
http://ksa.mercedesbenzme.com/en/hea...en-exclusivity

Originally Posted by pacman_or
Unless you are buying from Al-Juffali (the MB agent for Saudi Arabia), I would be VERY hesitant about purchasing a car in Jeddah with an "extended warranty. To be honest, with the roads in Jeddah, I would be a bit hesitant to purchase a MB sedan. As you know, pot holes (a hole is an understatement) are everywhere - unless you are prepared to have your wheels aligned every 5000 kilos or so and replace wheels every 20,000 kilos or so, I'd steer away from a sedan. Instead, I'd recommend something a bit more substantial like a late model or new MB SUV, or even a fully-optioned out Land Cruiser. I've driven too many cars in Jeddah (BMW, MB, Jag) that make me absolutely wince when I hit a hole on a major thoroughfare.
Luckily it is Al-Jaffali's Proven Exclusivity - Certified Pre-Owned car. I totally agree with you in regards to potholes, if we can label them as holes in the first place, yet, I don't think buying a sedan or an SUV would make a difference as much as a wheel size and tire profile. Yes, a 20" wheel is very much prone to cracks or damages than an 18" one and that's one of the things I didn't want in the car. Keeping my fingers crossed and will try to drive VERY cautiously, as much as possible.
I really appreciate your kind recommendations but I've owned SUVs and my current car is a GMC Sierra Denali truck. Based on my requirements, a Merc really fits my needs now.

Are you still in Jeddah?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S350 BT 4MATIC
Thanks Steveb9771, I understand that now and the vehicle's original warranty will end in 2016. It is in fact a certified pre-owned from MB's dealer.

Thanks

It is very similar, indeed.
Here is our dealer's in Saudi
http://ksa.mercedesbenzme.com/en/hea...en-exclusivity

Luckily it is Al-Jaffali's Proven Exclusivity - Certified Pre-Owned car. I totally agree with you in regards to potholes, if we can label them as holes in the first place, yet, I don't think buying a sedan or an SUV would make a difference as much as a wheel size and tire profile. Yes, a 20" wheel is very much prone to cracks or damages than an 18" one and that's one of the things I didn't want in the car. Keeping my fingers crossed and will try to drive VERY cautiously, as much as possible.
I really appreciate your kind recommendations but I've owned SUVs and my current car is a GMC Sierra Denali truck. Based on my requirements, a Merc really fits my needs now.

Are you still in Jeddah?
You are welcome, as I would imagine one or more of our members on this forum could provide you with a direct answer or enough of one that you could derive your own answer with the information you already had. We have a lot of members on this forum from a ton of countries around the globe and they share a lot of experiences on these threads.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:01 AM

2017 E300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Nuru
You are welcome, as I would imagine one or more of our members on this forum could provide you with a direct answer or enough of one that you could derive your own answer with the information you already had. We have a lot of members on this forum from a ton of countries around the globe and they share a lot of experiences on these threads.
Thanks and that is why I like these forums. Unfortunately, the car seems to be having a manufactural issue where it has engine problems and noises. That is why the service history showed some engine related items (I can't remember what exactly!). Bottom line, this car is not an option any more

Let the search resume…
Old 10-20-2014, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S350 BT 4MATIC
Thanks and that is why I like these forums. Unfortunately, the car seems to be having a manufactural issue where it has engine problems and noises. That is why the service history showed some engine related items (I can't remember what exactly!). Bottom line, this car is not an option any more

Let the search resume…
Good for you, I hope you find a suitable S350 4MATIC with low miles/low price/great shape!