S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hazard Lights & New Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 S550
Hazard Lights & New Tires

Two things: Had a tire blowout from hitting some debris on the highway. So I proceeded to get some new Michelins. Discount Tire coundnt find 255/35/20's in A/S3's anywhere. Michelin told them they didnt have a production date for them either. So after doing an exhaustive search I found a pair at NTB(their last two). No other store had them ie:Costco Sams. I checked for recall on these tires ...None. Discount Tire installed all four tires. Second thing: I saw they left the Hazard lights on while doing the installation and asked did tech forget to turn them off. I was told that they leave them turned on, on all foreign highline cars. He said it disengages the airmatic. Said that they saw a Mercedes drop when someone raised the car off the ground without hazards on. hmmmm

Hd
Old 11-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL500
Originally Posted by natcahd
Two things: Had a tire blowout from hitting some debris on the highway. So I proceeded to get some new Michelins. Discount Tire coundnt find 255/35/20's in A/S3's anywhere. Michelin told them they didnt have a production date for them either. So after doing an exhaustive search I found a pair at NTB(their last two). No other store had them ie:Costco Sams. I checked for recall on these tires ...None. Discount Tire installed all four tires. Second thing: I saw they left the Hazard lights on while doing the installation and asked did tech forget to turn them off. I was told that they leave them turned on, on all foreign highline cars. He said it disengages the airmatic. Said that they saw a Mercedes drop when someone raised the car off the ground without hazards on. hmmmm

Hd
Interesting. Never heard that regarding the hazards. The use of "all foreign high line cars" and airmatic makes me think this is some type of general myth they are perpetuating, but who knows? I'd love to know for sure!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 S550
Van...Maybe Konig or one of the longstanding forum guys will know if that is true or a myth.

Hd