S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 Issues...Radiator fan on High speed AND Nav Map display disappeared

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:34 PM

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts
s550
2 Issues...Radiator fan on High speed AND Nav Map display disappeared

Love my ol' lady to death...But Hate the attention it needs every time like she is an insecure girlfriend.

1. Took car in to get engine mounts, trans mount and camshaft sensor replaced. Don't know what one of my mechanics boys did but he disassembled a lot of stuff to reach the mounts.
Now, after driving the car to normal temperature where rad fan comes on and is supposed to blow at normal speed, it blows at this loud hyper turbo speed that can be heard from far away...Like a jet engine to be exact. And when car is shut off, the fan is so loud sounding just like a turbo jet engine would sound shutting down....scary.
All seems fine with the car, been driving it like that for 2 days and even did a 12 hr trip today and all was still fine; no overheating or stalling, no warning lights or codes from auto logic when plugged in , coolant level is fine. car drives very normal and fine. Just this rad fan blowing at this super scary speed.

2. Coming back from my trip today, all of a sudden i notice my nav map is somewhat blank. the cursor/arrow is still there, but the streets and lines are gone. However when i zoom out, i can see the map at that zoomed out level.did a map update months ago to latest map.And its been working great till this. I noticed i can still enter destinations etc and nav still works and all. just nothing shows when zoomed in all the way.
Not sure what the case could be here...reset? reinstall?

Appreciate any help/advice guys
Attached Thumbnails 2 Issues...Radiator fan on High speed AND Nav Map display disappeared-screen-shot-2014-12-09-11.36.18-pm.png   2 Issues...Radiator fan on High speed AND Nav Map display disappeared-screen-shot-2014-12-09-11.36.47-pm.png   2 Issues...Radiator fan on High speed AND Nav Map display disappeared-screen-shot-2014-12-09-11.36.30-pm.png  

Last edited by just1time; 12-09-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM

s550
Map came back to normal this morning. Maybe the Canadian cold was freezing it up.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:46 AM

s550
hey

common guys...somebody has to know a little something about something to do with this issue of mine.
help a brother out