S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions related to keyfob and locking/anti-theft system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm your huckleberry
Questions related to keyfob and locking/anti-theft system

Greetings,

1) What is the practical range for the W221 keyfob?

2) Does the keyfob itself provide any audible feedback? I presume not.

3) Central-locking/anti-theft: When an alarm is triggered (say, broken window), will the anti-theft system keep the trunk locked even if someone opens the door and presses the trunk open button?

In situations where one has valuables in the trunk, I would hope the car will keep the trunk locked even when a thief gets into the passenger compartment.

I know there is always the crowbar approach, but at least it will slow them down.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by snovvman
Greetings,

1) What is the practical range for the W221 keyfob?

2) Does the keyfob itself provide any audible feedback? I presume not.

3) Central-locking/anti-theft: When an alarm is triggered (say, broken window), will the anti-theft system keep the trunk locked even if someone opens the door and presses the trunk open button?

In situations where one has valuables in the trunk, I would hope the car will keep the trunk locked even when a thief gets into the passenger compartment.

I know there is always the crowbar approach, but at least it will slow them down.

Thanks.
1. I know mine works from over 50 ft away....but I don't usually use the button since I have Keyless Go.

2. Nope....and you cannot turn it on through Comand settings either. But I understand that your dealer can turn on an audio alert through STAR.

3. Not sure about this one. But one way to find out would be to break your window and test it. Or you can roll down your window, get out of the car, lock it with the fob, then pull up on the lock to activate the alarm....and test the trunk button. I have a feeling it won't activate.