S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Need clarification on owner's manaul

Old 03-05-2015, 11:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm your huckleberry
Need clarification on owner's manaul

First item below. I set the Programmable Button to switch on and off the driver's massage seat. It works fine to switch on the massage, but does nothing to turn it off. Single press does not work and long press does not work to turn off the massage seat. I have to use COMAND to turn off the seat. According to the dealer, the manual is incorrect. The button can only turn on the massage seat. Can someone confirm?

Page below: I've read a few posts where there are discussions that the sport/eco driving mode affects the ride height and airmatic. According to this page, it only affects shift point and stability/traction control. True?

Last two below: For 4Matic, the best I can tell is that there are four driver-settable Airmatic settings and ride height. Normal Comfort, Normal Sport, Raised Comfort, and Raised Sport. Is this true? Next, if we use Normal Sport as a zero baseline, then Normal Comfort is 0.40 higher. But in Rised Comfort, is it 0.60 higher than Normal Comfort or Normal Sport?The manual seem to indicate that Raise Sport is *higher* than Raised Comfort. This seems counterintuitive. When I get my car back, I'll try all the modes and record the actual measurements. For now, I'm just trying to understand what the manual is saying....

Last edited by snovvman; 03-05-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S550 4Matic
Well for #1 I tried this yesterday and it only turns the massage on, not off.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221/S550
I would tend to think that's an error in the manual.

I remember reading somewhere that the button can be programmed to execute one command.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm your huckleberry
Originally Posted by Bill-W221
Well for #1 I tried this yesterday and it only turns the massage on, not off.
Originally Posted by Garticus
I would tend to think that's an error in the manual.

I remember reading somewhere that the button can be programmed to execute one command.
Thank you guys. The manual description makes more sense than the implementation. Most of the programmable functions are on-off/enable-disable toggles, which is handy. Having to go to COMAND to turn off the massage seems counterintuitive. Oh well....