S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

So I decided to hold on to a 2012 s350 bluetec for few months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:38 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
So I decided to hold on to a 2012 s350 bluetec for few months

I like it. What I don't like is the ****er throwing codes for adblue tank heater (open circuit- I assume the heater is gone- will diagnose further- will update the scr controller software first as there is a bug in the factory code) as well as for both nox sensors being out of range. Cleaned sensors, performed teach in, we shall see.

Heater is $900 (new updated part) and each nox sensor is $400. My labor is free lol.

Stupid **** injection

Also did service c- surprise surprise - the fuel filter is $90 and the air filters are $55 each - they come with the plastic top lid glued to them. Not to mention it requires removal of the cold side of the turbo plumbing to gain access to fuel filter. It also requires star/ das to reset air filter adaptations as well as let the scr controller know you added adblue. The things we do for Mother Nature...

But I love the w221 diesel as a daily driver. I am getting old I guess

Last edited by alx; 04-13-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by alx
I like it. What I don't like is the ****er throwing codes for adblue tank heater (open circuit- I assume the heater is gone- will diagnose further- will update the scr controller software first as there is a bug in the factory code) as well as for both nox sensors being out of range. Cleaned sensors, performed teach in, we shall see.

Heater is $900 (new updated part) and each nox sensor is $400. My labor is free lol.

Stupid **** injection

Also did service c- surprise surprise - the fuel filter is $90 and the air filters are $55 each - they come with the plastic top lid glued to them. Not to mention it requires removal of the cold side of the turbo plumbing to gain access to fuel filter. It also requires star/ das to reset air filter adaptations as well as let the scr controller know you added adblue. The things we do for Mother Nature...

But I love the w221 diesel as a daily driver. I am getting old I guess

Try getting parts quotes from www.mercedespartssuperstore.com and www.getmercedesparts.com. Gee I wish you had put this on my S350 Long term maintenance Thread. I and others are putting in our experiences there.

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/555447-s350-longterm-maintenance-issues.html

How many miles on your car?

I had a NOx sensor replaced recently too.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Can you post pics of your installs? That would be very helpful to the rest of us!