S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

New from New York

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 S550 4Matic 2009 ML350 4Matic
Thumbs up New from New York

Hey guys,
I just bought a gorgeous 2007 s550 4matic with 98,000 miles. It was a one owner car, dealer maintained. I have all the service records. I am very happy with it.
I have a few questions that I searched for last night on this site, but I was wondering if someone could clarify.

1. I scrolled into the Audio section and saw that it was Satellite Ready for Sirrius so I called them up and signed up for a subscriptionusing the Sirius ID in the manual as I got the impression that it was just for my car. Not sure if that was correct or not, but when they tried to send a signal which they did a few times, nothing came through. When I went into the Audio section and Sat Radio I got a prompt which says:
Call Sirius to Subscribe:
SIRIUS ID:

There is no ID...
and no options to go to any channel or do anything else, just that prompt. I was told by my car stereo place that the car needs a satellite modulator for it to work? I am not sure if he was right on that one as he didnt even step foot into my car. Siriius says no, so I am not sure what the problem is here.
After searching this site I saw one guy had the same problem and assumed it was the antenna but never came back on this site to say what the problem was which I know is very common on forums...

2. I was wondering what those numbered scroll buttons were inside the center console. I couldnt find any info on it here or in the owners maual.

3. My rear headrests will go down by hitting the button, but wont come back up although I hear something motorized as I press the button.

4. My Cd player does not read any disks I have tried. I have read up on that on this site and it appears only certain disks can be read. Wondering which I can burn and which I cant from my Itunes if anything. I spoke to the previous owner as I have his phone number and he said thats basically all he did was listen to cds with no problems, but did say certain disks wont work.

5. I hear a clunking noise up front underneath the car when I hit speed bumps, thinking its the struts? On higher speeds its not noticeable.

6. I read all about the lack of an Ipod connection and dealer installed units out of the glovebox. My car does not have such a hookup. I wish it did. I was thinking of going the PCMCIA route. I was wondering if I can download itunes onto a sd card and use one of the mentioned pcmcia adapters and which one would be recommended that I might be able to buy locally from Best Buy or Staples etc..I read only the 16 bit adapters work?

7. My trunk button in the car and on the remote will open the trunk, but not close it as I have read it should. Was this an option or is mine not working?

8. I read in the owners manual that the seat belt heights are self adjusting, yet mine dont seem to raise when I sit in the car and put my belt on. I can move both the driver and passenger side belt heights by hand, but they will just drop down to a certain height on their own when I let go.

Sorry for all the questions. Most of them are audio related as I am kinda desperate to get my tunes in the car...This is my first Mercedes, a completely different animal than what I am use to. I come from a long line of Audi A6's and wanted to try a Benz this time around.

Pleasure to be here. I am a very excited new owner despite some minor glitches!!!
Anthony

Last edited by MonroeHandyMan; 04-19-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
Welcome! I can answer some of the questions.

The numbered scroll button in the center console is for the air conditioning in the console. "1" allows air inside and "0" doesn't.

The reason that the headrests go down and not up if you press the button is because you have to have the rear reclining seats.

The trunk will only close by itself if you have the self close option or Keyless Go.

My seatbelt adjusts only if I move the seat so IDK.

The clunk noise is probably the struts. My 2000 S500 used to make that same noise. Have it checked out.

The Sirius XM used to work for me but I was on a free trial. Later I got calls to reactivate it. If you have an account maybe you can contact them and they can activated to your car.

Hope this was helpful
Old 04-19-2015, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
Welcome to MBWORLD. There's a lot you can do with that S550. Use the search function on the forums, you'll find tons of answers to your questions.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 S550 4Matic 2009 ML350 4Matic
Thanks for the info guys, I have been doing nothing but searching this site. I get some good info and I see posts that dont have an ending...lol
Anyone have the same issue with Sirius Satellite Radio where no ID comes up?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 S430 4Matic
The number that comes up on your Sirius Radio is its identification number so that they can authorize it through their system. I would guess that if no number comes up there may be a problem with the setup. Go to the dealer and have them read it to see if it is activated/working.