S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 S600 members choice Warranty - Need help with exclusions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted s600
2007 S600 members choice Warranty - Need help with exclusions!

Hey, I am looking into buying a '07 S600 with around 30k miles, and my credit union has quoted me $2700 for a 4 year/48k platinum exclusionary warranty.

The thing I am most concerned about is that the warranty excludes shock absorbers and suspension air bags.

Does this mean that ABC will be excluded from the warranty?

Anything else to look for on the exclusion list?

I appreciate your help!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 203 Likes on 127 Posts
Depends on the weather
Originally Posted by Benzamins
Hey, I am looking into buying a '07 S600 with around 30k miles, and my credit union has quoted me $2700 for a 4 year/48k platinum exclusionary warranty.

The thing I am most concerned about is that the warranty excludes shock absorbers and suspension air bags.

Does this mean that ABC will be excluded from the warranty?

Anything else to look for on the exclusion list?

I appreciate your help!

If those specific items are listed then you should be covered for the rest of the ABC system outside of what is listed.

I have Continuous Customer Care and it covers everything with a $0.00 deductible excluding:
Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Congrats on finding the best warranty deal on a used S600 bar none. I have the same plan and can say with certainty that they do pay on their claims. I recommend you take the longest term and highest miles you can get as it greatly enhances the resale value of your car if you decide to sell in the future. It is transferable and warranties are hard to find and in demand on the S600. The exact same warranty and pricing is also available on the S63 & S65 at comparable mileage.

The plan is administered by The Warranty Group and the website is www.mrclaims.net. They are easy to work with when you file a claim. I called them about the ABC suspension prior to purchasing the plan for my S600. They said that since it is not a normal strut or shock absorber suspension, the components would be covered. Time will tell if I ever have to test that.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:57 PM

2008 S600, 2011 Ducati 1198
Also, they almost didn't cover my ABC pump because the dealer called it in as a suspension pump vice a power steering pump and because the ABC pump is a tandem pump it could be called a power steering pump Just ensure that whoever is working on your car knows what words to say to the warranty company if needed. That is definitely a LOW price for a warranty CONGRATS!! Mine has already paid for itself.. Twice.. at $6500 for 4yr/48mo, but I also had 91k miles on the car.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:48 PM

Wanted s600
All, thanks for the responses.

Does ABC still use an air suspension based system? Or is it something else?

FYI - the highest mileage/time warranty they offered was: 72 Months/75K Miles - $5520 With Zero Deductible. This was with an '07 with 32K miles.

I got a copy of the warranty, so below are the primary items that are excluded:

MAINTENANCE AND PARTS NOT COVERED

THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT COVERED UNDER YOUR SERVICE CONTRACT:

A. THE MAINTENANCE SERVICES AND PARTS DESCRIBED UNDER MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS AS SHOWN IN THIS SERVICE CONTRACT OR IN THE

MANUFACTURER’S MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE FOR YOUR VEHICLE.

B. OTHER NORMAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES AND PARTS INCLUDING ENGINE TUNE-UP, (INCLUDES SPARK PLUGS, GLOW PLUGS, IGNITION WIRES,

DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR), CARBURETOR, THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY (EXCEPT INJECTORS), EGR VALVE, BATTERIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT

LIMITED TO HYBRID BATTERIES), FILTERS, LUBRICANTS OR FLUIDS, AIR CONDITIONING REFRIGERANT, ENGINE COOLANT, ALL HOSES AND

BELTS (NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED), WIPER BLADES, BRAKE PADS AND SHOES, BRAKE ROTORS AND DRUMS, SUSPENSION ALIGNMENT,

CONSTANT VELOCITY BOOTS, TIRES, WHEEL COVERS, WHEEL RIMS, WHEELS, WHEEL BALANCING, SHOCK ABSORBERS, SUSPENSION AIR BAGS,

EXHAUST SYSTEM, CATALYTIC CONVERTER, FRICTION CLUTCH DISC AND PRESSURE PLATE AND CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING.

C. GLASS, GLASS FRAMEWORK AND FASTENING ADHESIVES, SEALED BEAM HEAD LAMPS, LIGHT BULBS, LENSES, TRIM, MOLDINGS, BRIGHT

METAL, UPHOLSTERY, VINYL AND CONVERTIBLE TOPS, PAINT, SHEET METAL, BUMPERS, ALIGNMENT OF BODY PARTS, FLEXIBLE BODY PARTS,

DOOR PANELS, BODY PANELS, STRUCTURAL FRAMEWORK, CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAMEWORK, STRUCTURAL WELDS, HINGES, DOOR HANDLES,

AND REMOVABLE HARDTOP ASSEMBLIES.

D. AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES OR EQUIPMENT, COMPONENTS AND SYSTEMS NOT INSTALLED BY THE MANUFACTURER, INCLUDING BUT NOT

LIMITED TO: ANTI-THEFT SYSTEMS, RADAR DETECTORS, CB RADIOS, RADIO/SPEAKER EQUIPMENT, CRUISE CONTROL, SUNROOF, SOLAR

POWERED DEVICES, TELEPHONES, TV/VCR/DVD AND RELATED COMPONENTS AND APPLIANCES.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 AM

2008 S600, 2011 Ducati 1198
It is a 3500 psi hydraulic system