S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Interior Creaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
S550 4 MATIC
Interior Creaks

Took my 550 in for warranty repair for rattles in the front door panels on bad pavement. They replaced the wood trim on the drivers side and applied lube to various touch points. The passenger side trim is on back order. At first it seemed to have been cured but now I hear the same noise again

One thing I did notice is that it was strangely worse in the morning and better after the car had sat outside all day.

Also when I go over larger single bumps, the dash / console area seems to make a creaking sound which is very annoying.

Has anyone had either of these issues and found a fix? Is their a TSB?

My model year is 2013
Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E350 Wagon, 2013 S550 4Matic, 1985 280SL, 2005 Land Rover LR3
I have similar creaks in my 2013, only over certain asphalt patches and rough concrete or milled pavement. It sounds like it comes from the end of the door nearest the seatbelt anchors. It isn't too noticeable but I thought about getting it looked at next time its in for service. Based on your experience, I'm not optimistic it can really be fixed.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:01 AM

S550 4 MATIC
Originally Posted by kenjengrif
I have similar creaks in my 2013, only over certain asphalt patches and rough concrete or milled pavement. It sounds like it comes from the end of the door nearest the seatbelt anchors. It isn't too noticeable but I thought about getting it looked at next time its in for service. Based on your experience, I'm not optimistic it can really be fixed.
Yes mine makes the noise on rough concrete or broken pavement around town. At first I thought it was the wood trim as when I pressed against it, the noise would stop. However, I get the same effect with just pressing against the door panel away from the wood trim. This leads me to conclude the vibration is coming from elsewhere within the door panel. I am going to take it back to the dealer and let them investigate further. I have 2 years remaining on the OEM warranty so I would expect they will take care of it

Last edited by infinitiq45a; 07-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 S550 4Matic 2009 ML350 4Matic
If it is coming from the seat areas and center console, spray leather conditioner on all the leather where they meets the plastic parts. Same thing was happening to my 07 when I got it recently and a friend of mine who works on these cars told me to do this, I did and it worked like a charm. I use Meguires Leather conditioner spray and let it soak in then wipe it clean.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:50 PM

S550 4 MATIC
Originally Posted by MonroeHandyMan
If it is coming from the seat areas and center console, spray leather conditioner on all the leather where they meets the plastic parts. Same thing was happening to my 07 when I got it recently and a friend of mine who works on these cars told me to do this, I did and it worked like a charm. I use Meguires Leather conditioner spray and let it soak in then wipe it clean.
Thanks, I do have some creaks in that area so I will try your recommendations. However, the main noise is definitely in the two front doors from the door panel (door card).