S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

a little help please on 07 S550 issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550
a little help please on 07 S550 issues

background:
i just bought a 2007 S550 off my mom. she put a new ECU on it before i got it.

problem(s):
1. keyless go doesn't work. it won't open doors, or push-button start. it says it doesn't recognize the key. is this a dealer-only fix? is there a way to get the car to recognize the key again? (preferrably w/ link or pictures)

2. seat memory function isn't working. i'm doing what the instructions say, but to no avail. i know the 'M' button works, and i know the 1,2,3, and R buttons all work because i've used them to program other functions. but it's not working for the one thing i want them to work for. any suggestions?

3. my wife's phone (iphone 4s) isn't recognizing the car's bluetooth. the car recognizes hers, but her phone won't find the MBPhoneSystem. my phone (also a 4s) had no problems finding it, and pairing up to it. when trying to pair hers, i turned off the bluetooth on mine. ideas?

4. this button broke on my center console. dealer (on the phone) said they might try to sell me a whole new top console. obviously a no-go. i've attached a photo from the inter webs for reference. any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails a little help please on 07 S550 issues-console.png  
Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 372 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
Dealer will definitely have to diagnose the electrical issues. On the console I am not sure if anyone sells parts for this so you may in fact have to replace the lid. These are not inexpensive cars to maintain, there is a reason they depreciate so fast. I would suggest an aftermarket warranty if you plan on keeping the car for any length of time.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2007 S500 4Matic
Hi, just on the arm rest is it both sides or just one thats not working? Are they hard to press in or does it push in and not open?
Had a similar issue on mine and it was just a alignment problem - easy fix post a few photos tomorrow.

Also just on the key problem why was the computer computer replaced? Need more detail as to what was done.
The computers are one time programmable from new but there are are companies and people that can reprogram them but you also need the original ecu.

Seats - They need to be normalized. Either with scan tool or manually. Move all seat positions to extremes and continue to hold for additional 5-10 seconds. Same as doing a window reset.

My car has no blutooth so cannot help you on that problem.

Sorry written out of order.

Cheers.

Last edited by greglig; 11-24-2015 at 11:53 AM. Reason: wording error
Old 11-24-2015, 01:37 PM

2007 S550
Originally Posted by greglig
Hi, just on the arm rest is it both sides or just one thats not working? Are they hard to press in or does it push in and not open?
Had a similar issue on mine and it was just a alignment problem - easy fix post a few photos tomorrow.

Also just on the key problem why was the computer computer replaced? Need more detail as to what was done.
The computers are one time programmable from new but there are are companies and people that can reprogram them but you also need the original ecu.

Seats - They need to be normalized. Either with scan tool or manually. Move all seat positions to extremes and continue to hold for additional 5-10 seconds. Same as doing a window reset.

My car has no blutooth so cannot help you on that problem.

Sorry written out of order.

Cheers.
button broke and fell out along w/ the spring. the plastic bits that kept it in snapped off.

i'll try that on the seats. thanks. when you say that, it reminded me that i had to do that for a couple windows. fingers crossed.

i was kinda resigned to the dealership for the key thing. the invoice says new ecu. i'm not sure what was going on that caused it to be taken in.

thanks for the advice
Old 11-24-2015, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
background:

problem(s):
1. keyless go doesn't work. it won't open doors, or push-button start. it says it doesn't recognize the key. is this a dealer-only fix? is there a way to get the car to recognize the key again? (preferrably w/ link or pictures)

2. seat memory function isn't working. i'm doing what the instructions say, but to no avail. i know the 'M' button works, and i know the 1,2,3, and R buttons all work because i've used them to program other functions. but it's not working for the one thing i want them to work for. any suggestions?

3. my wife's phone (iphone 4s) isn't recognizing the car's bluetooth. the car recognizes hers, but her phone won't find the MBPhoneSystem. my phone (also a 4s) had no problems finding it, and pairing up to it. when trying to pair hers, i turned off the bluetooth on mine. ideas?

4. this button broke on my center console. dealer (on the phone) said they might try to sell me a whole new top console. obviously a no-go. i've attached a photo from the inter webs for reference. any ideas?
You'd need to replace the console armrest cover for that button, it's sold as an assembly. You can find them on EBay. I just bought one for $100 shipped. Dealer price was $800.

Are yours and your wife's iPhones running the same version IOS?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:28 PM

2007 S550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
You'd need to replace the console armrest cover for that button, it's sold as an assembly. You can find them on EBay. I just bought one for $100 shipped. Dealer price was $800.

Are yours and your wife's iPhones running the same version IOS?
$100, eh? that's about what i expected for the button. not too shabby at all.
no, we're not running the same version of ios. that's probably it. thank you. btw, from whom did you buy the console?
Old 11-25-2015, 04:42 PM

Mercedes S350 2006
Make sure both head rest works. My memory button didnt work but when i fixed the headrest problem got solved.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
2009 S550 AMG sport pckg. 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrewcab
background:

problem(s):

for the push button issue, if you use the key fob and not the button in the ignition does everything work as usual? It probably has to do with replacing the ECU. Also sometimes the button that goes into the ignition for push button goes bad.

Try and see if the dealer will let you try a new one in the ignition or if a friend also has one. My friends wouldn't work and I let him try mine and it worked on his
Old 11-30-2015, 07:57 AM

2007 S550
1. gonna have to go to dealer for this one. yes, everything works fine w/ the key fob (except for keyless unlock)
2. resetting the seats did the trick. all memory presets are functioning perfectly.
3. she needs to update her ios for this to work.
4. gonna have dealer look at this, but probably going to get console on ebay

thanks everyone for their help.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 SL400 and 2004 SL500
1. gonna have to go to dealer for this one. yes, everything works fine w/ the key fob (except for keyless unlock)
2. resetting the seats did the trick. all memory presets are functioning perfectly.
3. she needs to update her ios for this to work.
4. gonna have dealer look at this, but probably going to get console on ebay

thanks everyone for their help.
Not so bad once you got the priorities sorted out! I have had similar issues from bad grounds at the D/S Mirror which went away when mirror was fixed.

Resetting to factory defaults on the command system erases all your old settings so that may have been cause too.

Did you find an after market reputable warranty? That would be good info for me too.

Thanks,